Lib Dems reveal masterplan to take control of Haringey Council
Haringey Liberal Democrats have revealed six key pledges in their bid to take control of the council in the upcoming local elections. The six key pledges are: 1. More police on the beat - We will put more police on the beat when and where they are needed
Haringey Liberal Democrats have revealed six key pledges in their bid to take control of the council in the upcoming local elections.
The six key pledges are:
1. More police on the beat - We will put more police on the beat when and where they are needed most with new 24 hour local police teams.
2. Fairer funding for our schools - We will fight to end Labour's unfair school funding system, which gives every Haringey child �1,000 a year less than children in neighbouring boroughs.
3. Secure future for Children's Services - We will end the culture of cover-up and secrecy on child protection, and protect funding for vital children's services.
4. Freeze Council Tax - We will freeze Council Tax until at least April 2012, by cutting waste - such as Labour's �3m PR budget.
- 1 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 2 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 3 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 4 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 5 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 6 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 7 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 8 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 9 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 10 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
5. Cleaner Streets - We will clean up Haringey's streets with 200 more litter bins and a 'Clean Streets Warden' from every neighbourhood.
6. Real Action on the Environment - We will take real action on the environment by boosting recycling and investing �5 million in a fund for green projects.