Lib Dems reveal masterplan to take control of Haringey Council
Haringey Liberal Democrats have revealed six key pledges in their bid to take control of the council in the upcoming local elections. The six key pledges are: 1. More police on the beat - We will put more police on the beat when and where they are needed
Haringey Liberal Democrats have revealed six key pledges in their bid to take control of the council in the upcoming local elections.
The six key pledges are:
1. More police on the beat - We will put more police on the beat when and where they are needed most with new 24 hour local police teams.
2. Fairer funding for our schools - We will fight to end Labour's unfair school funding system, which gives every Haringey child �1,000 a year less than children in neighbouring boroughs.
You may also want to watch:
3. Secure future for Children's Services - We will end the culture of cover-up and secrecy on child protection, and protect funding for vital children's services.
4. Freeze Council Tax - We will freeze Council Tax until at least April 2012, by cutting waste - such as Labour's �3m PR budget.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 7 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
5. Cleaner Streets - We will clean up Haringey's streets with 200 more litter bins and a 'Clean Streets Warden' from every neighbourhood.
6. Real Action on the Environment - We will take real action on the environment by boosting recycling and investing �5 million in a fund for green projects.