Lib Dems reveal masterplan to take control of Haringey Council
Haringey Liberal Democrats have revealed six key pledges in their bid to take control of the council in the upcoming local elections. The six key pledges are: 1. More police on the beat - We will put more police on the beat when and where they are needed
Haringey Liberal Democrats have revealed six key pledges in their bid to take control of the council in the upcoming local elections.
The six key pledges are:
1. More police on the beat - We will put more police on the beat when and where they are needed most with new 24 hour local police teams.
2. Fairer funding for our schools - We will fight to end Labour's unfair school funding system, which gives every Haringey child �1,000 a year less than children in neighbouring boroughs.
3. Secure future for Children's Services - We will end the culture of cover-up and secrecy on child protection, and protect funding for vital children's services.
4. Freeze Council Tax - We will freeze Council Tax until at least April 2012, by cutting waste - such as Labour's �3m PR budget.
- 1 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 2 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 3 'Unacceptable': Highgate fears over TfL bus changes
- 4 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
- 5 Haringey first council to call for Edmonton incinerator pause
- 6 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 7 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 8 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 9 Man charged with north London double murder of father and daughter
- 10 Remembering Katie: Ex-Ham&High reporter killed by carbon monoxide
5. Cleaner Streets - We will clean up Haringey's streets with 200 more litter bins and a 'Clean Streets Warden' from every neighbourhood.
6. Real Action on the Environment - We will take real action on the environment by boosting recycling and investing �5 million in a fund for green projects.