Lib Dems hit out at Haringey's 'grubby' new parking regime
Lib Dems in Haringey will be taking their concerns about the grubby new system of parking charges to the council s top watchdog committee. And they have asked the ruling Labour group a number of questions about the changes, focusing on the lack of con
Lib Dems in Haringey will be taking their concerns about the 'grubby' new system of parking charges to the council's top watchdog committee.
And they have asked the ruling Labour group a number of questions about the changes, focusing on the lack of consultation, the increase in CPZ charges and where they will impact, and the cost of the introduction and administration of the new scheme.
They are also calling on the mayor to switch to a less-polluting vehicle.
Liberal Democrat Leader of the opposition, Neil Williams, comments:
You may also want to watch:
"I am in favour of environmental taxes, but this is clearly a grubby cash grab by an utterly cynical Labour council. They have yet to present any evidence that their proposal will work, or work fairly. They must do so, or they will give green taxes a bad name."
Cllr Martin Newton (Fortis Green), Lib Dem spokesperson for the Environment adds:
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 3 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 4 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 5 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
"Liberal Democrat controlled Richmond carried out a detailed consultation with local residents before going ahead with their scheme. The Labour group in Haringey are making a mockery of consultation. It's a simple as that.