Lib Dems hit out at Haringey's 'grubby' new parking regime
Lib Dems in Haringey will be taking their concerns about the grubby new system of parking charges to the council s top watchdog committee. And they have asked the ruling Labour group a number of questions about the changes, focusing on the lack of con
Lib Dems in Haringey will be taking their concerns about the 'grubby' new system of parking charges to the council's top watchdog committee.
And they have asked the ruling Labour group a number of questions about the changes, focusing on the lack of consultation, the increase in CPZ charges and where they will impact, and the cost of the introduction and administration of the new scheme.
They are also calling on the mayor to switch to a less-polluting vehicle.
Liberal Democrat Leader of the opposition, Neil Williams, comments:
"I am in favour of environmental taxes, but this is clearly a grubby cash grab by an utterly cynical Labour council. They have yet to present any evidence that their proposal will work, or work fairly. They must do so, or they will give green taxes a bad name."
Cllr Martin Newton (Fortis Green), Lib Dem spokesperson for the Environment adds:
- 1 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 2 Arsenal begin pre-season in strong position
- 3 Academy to crack down on 'boisterous' behaviour after inspection
- 4 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 5 New Wendy's opens its doors in Camden
- 6 'Buying maternity clothes seemed so wasteful': Former fashion editor's mission
- 7 Camden Council settles £130m Chalcots lawsuit for £19m
- 8 Six Hampstead Town by-election candidates seeking votes on July 7
- 9 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 10 Paddling pool to be open all week after pipes replaced
"Liberal Democrat controlled Richmond carried out a detailed consultation with local residents before going ahead with their scheme. The Labour group in Haringey are making a mockery of consultation. It's a simple as that.