Lib Dems hit out at Haringey's 'grubby' new parking regime
Lib Dems in Haringey will be taking their concerns about the grubby new system of parking charges to the council s top watchdog committee. And they have asked the ruling Labour group a number of questions about the changes, focusing on the lack of con
Lib Dems in Haringey will be taking their concerns about the 'grubby' new system of parking charges to the council's top watchdog committee.
And they have asked the ruling Labour group a number of questions about the changes, focusing on the lack of consultation, the increase in CPZ charges and where they will impact, and the cost of the introduction and administration of the new scheme.
They are also calling on the mayor to switch to a less-polluting vehicle.
Liberal Democrat Leader of the opposition, Neil Williams, comments:
"I am in favour of environmental taxes, but this is clearly a grubby cash grab by an utterly cynical Labour council. They have yet to present any evidence that their proposal will work, or work fairly. They must do so, or they will give green taxes a bad name."
Cllr Martin Newton (Fortis Green), Lib Dem spokesperson for the Environment adds:
- 1 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 2 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 3 Barnet, Camden and Haringey receive boost for low vaccine uptake
- 4 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 5 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 6 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 7 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 8 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 9 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell
- 10 CQC takes action against practice after dentist convicted of sexual offence
"Liberal Democrat controlled Richmond carried out a detailed consultation with local residents before going ahead with their scheme. The Labour group in Haringey are making a mockery of consultation. It's a simple as that.