Lib Dems hit out at Haringey's 'grubby' new parking regime
Lib Dems in Haringey will be taking their concerns about the grubby new system of parking charges to the council s top watchdog committee. And they have asked the ruling Labour group a number of questions about the changes, focusing on the lack of con
Lib Dems in Haringey will be taking their concerns about the 'grubby' new system of parking charges to the council's top watchdog committee.
And they have asked the ruling Labour group a number of questions about the changes, focusing on the lack of consultation, the increase in CPZ charges and where they will impact, and the cost of the introduction and administration of the new scheme.
They are also calling on the mayor to switch to a less-polluting vehicle.
Liberal Democrat Leader of the opposition, Neil Williams, comments:
You may also want to watch:
"I am in favour of environmental taxes, but this is clearly a grubby cash grab by an utterly cynical Labour council. They have yet to present any evidence that their proposal will work, or work fairly. They must do so, or they will give green taxes a bad name."
Cllr Martin Newton (Fortis Green), Lib Dem spokesperson for the Environment adds:
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 7 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 8 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 9 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
"Liberal Democrat controlled Richmond carried out a detailed consultation with local residents before going ahead with their scheme. The Labour group in Haringey are making a mockery of consultation. It's a simple as that.