Let's hear the truth about the Joanne Cash affair
What is going on with the recently-resigned Conservative candidate for Westminster North? Has she resigned or hasn t she? Why has she fallen out with so many of her colleagues? And what was the deal cooked up by David Cameron to get her to un-resign? What
What is going on with the recently-resigned Conservative candidate for Westminster North?
Has she resigned or hasn't she? Why has she fallen out with so many of her colleagues? And what was the deal cooked up by David Cameron to get her to un-resign?
Whatever the causes of this week's Conservative bust-up, the Conservative candidate needs to explain herself fully to local people. She needs to tell us why she has found it so difficult to get on with her party colleagues. Is it personality clashes or is it deep political differences? Now that this sad affair is out in the open we deserve to be told the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
With the election just three months away we now have the opportunity to ask some searching questions about the credibilty, competence and judgement of the Conservative candidate.
After all, if she can't even decide if she wants to be a candidate, how can she possibly represent anyone in Parliament or anywhere else?
Meanwhile, while the Conservatives continue their in-fighting, Karen Buck MP will get on with her job of representing the people of Westminster North, a job she has been doing so well for the past 12 years.
- 1 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 2 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 3 'Unacceptable': Highgate fears over TfL bus changes
- 4 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
- 5 Haringey first council to call for Edmonton incinerator pause
- 6 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 7 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 8 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 9 Man charged with north London double murder of father and daughter
- 10 Remembering Katie: Ex-Ham&High reporter killed by carbon monoxide
Cllr Paul Dimoldenberg
Leader of the Labour Group
Westminster City Council