Let's ditch the art for the horse and cart
Thankfully the wind house sculptor by Polish artist Monika Sosnowska is not to be placed on Hampstead Heath (Art in the parks set to be a thrill on Primrose Hill, H&H May 8). We have had the giant table and chair [ The Writer ] on the Heath a few years b
Thankfully the wind house sculptor by Polish artist Monika Sosnowska is not to be placed on Hampstead Heath (Art in the parks set to be a thrill on Primrose Hill, H&H May 8).
We have had the giant table and chair ['The Writer'] on the Heath a few years back and it was an eyesore. The area where it had stood destroyed the vegetation and it took months for it to grow back, though a faint outline of the disturbance can still be seen even today.
I would have thought that the idea of going to Hampstead Heath or to Primrose Hill was to appreciate the rural setting and to get away from the builds, artistic or otherwise.
Rather than make the Heath or Primrose Hill into the White Cube gallery in Shoreditch, there should be some imaginative schemes about how these green areas can be made even more rural.
You may also want to watch:
Why have tank-like tractors on the Heath, for example, churning up the ground and giving off diesel fumes, while sucking-out the rubbish bins.
Why not bring back the horse and cart, fenced-off sheep to crop the grass, a riding school within the means of most people, maypoles on May Day, and take the Heath police out of their Land Rovers and put them on horseback where they would be more effective.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
WILSON JOHN HAIRE
Lulot Garden, N19