Let's ditch the art for the horse and cart
Thankfully the wind house sculptor by Polish artist Monika Sosnowska is not to be placed on Hampstead Heath (Art in the parks set to be a thrill on Primrose Hill, H&H May 8). We have had the giant table and chair [ The Writer ] on the Heath a few years b
Thankfully the wind house sculptor by Polish artist Monika Sosnowska is not to be placed on Hampstead Heath (Art in the parks set to be a thrill on Primrose Hill, H&H May 8).
We have had the giant table and chair ['The Writer'] on the Heath a few years back and it was an eyesore. The area where it had stood destroyed the vegetation and it took months for it to grow back, though a faint outline of the disturbance can still be seen even today.
I would have thought that the idea of going to Hampstead Heath or to Primrose Hill was to appreciate the rural setting and to get away from the builds, artistic or otherwise.
Rather than make the Heath or Primrose Hill into the White Cube gallery in Shoreditch, there should be some imaginative schemes about how these green areas can be made even more rural.
Why have tank-like tractors on the Heath, for example, churning up the ground and giving off diesel fumes, while sucking-out the rubbish bins.
Why not bring back the horse and cart, fenced-off sheep to crop the grass, a riding school within the means of most people, maypoles on May Day, and take the Heath police out of their Land Rovers and put them on horseback where they would be more effective.
- 1 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 2 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 3 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
- 4 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 5 'It's a lovely community': The Bull reopens under new management
- 6 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 7 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 8 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
- 9 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 10 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
WILSON JOHN HAIRE
Lulot Garden, N19