Let's ditch the art for the horse and cart
Thankfully the wind house sculptor by Polish artist Monika Sosnowska is not to be placed on Hampstead Heath (Art in the parks set to be a thrill on Primrose Hill, H&H May 8). We have had the giant table and chair [ The Writer ] on the Heath a few years b
Thankfully the wind house sculptor by Polish artist Monika Sosnowska is not to be placed on Hampstead Heath (Art in the parks set to be a thrill on Primrose Hill, H&H May 8).
We have had the giant table and chair ['The Writer'] on the Heath a few years back and it was an eyesore. The area where it had stood destroyed the vegetation and it took months for it to grow back, though a faint outline of the disturbance can still be seen even today.
I would have thought that the idea of going to Hampstead Heath or to Primrose Hill was to appreciate the rural setting and to get away from the builds, artistic or otherwise.
Rather than make the Heath or Primrose Hill into the White Cube gallery in Shoreditch, there should be some imaginative schemes about how these green areas can be made even more rural.
You may also want to watch:
Why have tank-like tractors on the Heath, for example, churning up the ground and giving off diesel fumes, while sucking-out the rubbish bins.
Why not bring back the horse and cart, fenced-off sheep to crop the grass, a riding school within the means of most people, maypoles on May Day, and take the Heath police out of their Land Rovers and put them on horseback where they would be more effective.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
WILSON JOHN HAIRE
Lulot Garden, N19