Lemon crunch flan recipe
Lemon crunch flan
Serves about six and is the quickest and most gorgeous summer desserts
1 standard packet ginger biscuits - 310g/11oz
About 100g/4oz butter
Zest and juice of 3 large lemons
You may also want to watch:
1 tin of condensed milk 400g/14oz 300ml/10fl oz double cream
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
1. Melt the butter gently in a pan.
2. Crush the ginger biscuits (don’t use your rolling pin, it’ll put dints in it, a tin of beans is a much better idea) and add to the pan, stirring until all crumbs are coated. You can use oatmeal biscuits if you don’t like ginger, or a combination for more texture.
3. Press into a presentation dish and pop in the fridge to cool.
4. Put the lemon zest and juice into a bowl with the condensed milk and cream and whisk gently. The mixture will thicken as you mix it – stop once this happens and spoon it all onto the base.
5. Decorate with strands of lemon. Redcurrants also look nice, but for this recipe, less is more! Chill for a couple of hours to intensify the flavour of the lemon.