Lemon crunch flan recipe
Lemon crunch flan
Serves about six and is the quickest and most gorgeous summer desserts
1 standard packet ginger biscuits - 310g/11oz
About 100g/4oz butter
Zest and juice of 3 large lemons
You may also want to watch:
1 tin of condensed milk 400g/14oz 300ml/10fl oz double cream
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 5 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 6 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
1. Melt the butter gently in a pan.
2. Crush the ginger biscuits (don’t use your rolling pin, it’ll put dints in it, a tin of beans is a much better idea) and add to the pan, stirring until all crumbs are coated. You can use oatmeal biscuits if you don’t like ginger, or a combination for more texture.
3. Press into a presentation dish and pop in the fridge to cool.
4. Put the lemon zest and juice into a bowl with the condensed milk and cream and whisk gently. The mixture will thicken as you mix it – stop once this happens and spoon it all onto the base.
5. Decorate with strands of lemon. Redcurrants also look nice, but for this recipe, less is more! Chill for a couple of hours to intensify the flavour of the lemon.