Lemon crunch flan recipe
Lemon crunch flan
Serves about six and is the quickest and most gorgeous summer desserts
1 standard packet ginger biscuits - 310g/11oz
About 100g/4oz butter
Zest and juice of 3 large lemons
You may also want to watch:
1 tin of condensed milk 400g/14oz 300ml/10fl oz double cream
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 3 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 4 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
1. Melt the butter gently in a pan.
2. Crush the ginger biscuits (don’t use your rolling pin, it’ll put dints in it, a tin of beans is a much better idea) and add to the pan, stirring until all crumbs are coated. You can use oatmeal biscuits if you don’t like ginger, or a combination for more texture.
3. Press into a presentation dish and pop in the fridge to cool.
4. Put the lemon zest and juice into a bowl with the condensed milk and cream and whisk gently. The mixture will thicken as you mix it – stop once this happens and spoon it all onto the base.
5. Decorate with strands of lemon. Redcurrants also look nice, but for this recipe, less is more! Chill for a couple of hours to intensify the flavour of the lemon.