Lemon crunch flan recipe
Lemon crunch flan
Serves about six and is the quickest and most gorgeous summer desserts
1 standard packet ginger biscuits - 310g/11oz
About 100g/4oz butter
Zest and juice of 3 large lemons
You may also want to watch:
1 tin of condensed milk 400g/14oz 300ml/10fl oz double cream
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 7 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
- 10 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
1. Melt the butter gently in a pan.
2. Crush the ginger biscuits (don’t use your rolling pin, it’ll put dints in it, a tin of beans is a much better idea) and add to the pan, stirring until all crumbs are coated. You can use oatmeal biscuits if you don’t like ginger, or a combination for more texture.
3. Press into a presentation dish and pop in the fridge to cool.
4. Put the lemon zest and juice into a bowl with the condensed milk and cream and whisk gently. The mixture will thicken as you mix it – stop once this happens and spoon it all onto the base.
5. Decorate with strands of lemon. Redcurrants also look nice, but for this recipe, less is more! Chill for a couple of hours to intensify the flavour of the lemon.