Legendary defender Ledley King joins Tottenham coaching staff
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Tottenham have appointed former captain Ledley King to their first-team coaching staff.
King, 39, who spent his entire 13-year playing career with Tottenham and has been a club ambassador since retiring in 2012, will be assistant first-team coach to Jose Mourinho.
“Ledley will join as a member of our first team staff, working alongside the coaches, analysts and playing squad both at the training centre and on match-days,” Tottenham said on their official website.
“He will also take on the role of supporting our academy players as they look to step up to the first team.”
Former centre-half King made a total 323 appearances for Tottenham after making his debut in 1999 and lifted the League Cup as skipper in 2008.
You may also want to watch:
Mourinho said: “I’m extremely pleased to be welcoming Ledley into the first team group as we continue our preparations for the new season.
“He has a tremendous affinity with this football club and the fans appreciate just how much he has accomplished as a true Spurs man both on and off the pitch.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 6 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 7 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 8 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 9 Future of Royal Free Hospital nurseries uncertain amid staff consultation
- 10 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
“We have developed a good relationship since I arrived, and we hope to use his experience and insight to support the work we are doing with the squad.”
King has joined Mourinho’s backroom team in place of tactical analyst Ricardo Formosinho, who has left the club.