Leaf blowers are stressing me out at Waterlow Park
I am unable to use Waterlow Park in Highgate because of the continuous, unbearable noise of leaf-blowing machines. I was delighted to read how a new organisation called the Campaign Against Leaf-blowing Machines has been set up. I have lost count of the
I am unable to use Waterlow Park in Highgate because of the continuous, unbearable noise of leaf-blowing machines. I was delighted to read how a new organisation called the Campaign Against Leaf-blowing Machines has been set up.
I have lost count of the number of occasions I have witnessed gardeners using these awful machines there for long periods of time. I have yet to see any one of them used for work that could not be done just as easily with a rake or brush, creating no noise.
In recent months I have had to get up and leave the park because the noise is appalling. A park is a place to get away from the noise and stress of modern life but Waterlow Park now tops the bill for causing the noise and stress of modern life! Now, as stated, I don't use the park at all.
I have followed up CALM's suggestion to write to Camden Council's head of parks and open spaces. I requested he informs Waterlow staff that their noise is utterly unacceptable.
You may also want to watch:
I am not a gardener but understand there may be occasional need for these machines for heavy duty work. I strongly suggest Camden Council issues an instruction for these machines not to be used for any more than 10 minutes each morning and for 10 each afternoon.
- 1 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 2 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 3 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 6 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 7 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park
Hornsey Lane, N6