Leaf blowers are stressing me out at Waterlow Park
I am unable to use Waterlow Park in Highgate because of the continuous, unbearable noise of leaf-blowing machines. I was delighted to read how a new organisation called the Campaign Against Leaf-blowing Machines has been set up. I have lost count of the
I am unable to use Waterlow Park in Highgate because of the continuous, unbearable noise of leaf-blowing machines. I was delighted to read how a new organisation called the Campaign Against Leaf-blowing Machines has been set up.
I have lost count of the number of occasions I have witnessed gardeners using these awful machines there for long periods of time. I have yet to see any one of them used for work that could not be done just as easily with a rake or brush, creating no noise.
In recent months I have had to get up and leave the park because the noise is appalling. A park is a place to get away from the noise and stress of modern life but Waterlow Park now tops the bill for causing the noise and stress of modern life! Now, as stated, I don't use the park at all.
I have followed up CALM's suggestion to write to Camden Council's head of parks and open spaces. I requested he informs Waterlow staff that their noise is utterly unacceptable.
You may also want to watch:
I am not a gardener but understand there may be occasional need for these machines for heavy duty work. I strongly suggest Camden Council issues an instruction for these machines not to be used for any more than 10 minutes each morning and for 10 each afternoon.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
Hornsey Lane, N6