Leaf blowers are stressing me out at Waterlow Park
I am unable to use Waterlow Park in Highgate because of the continuous, unbearable noise of leaf-blowing machines. I was delighted to read how a new organisation called the Campaign Against Leaf-blowing Machines has been set up. I have lost count of the
I am unable to use Waterlow Park in Highgate because of the continuous, unbearable noise of leaf-blowing machines. I was delighted to read how a new organisation called the Campaign Against Leaf-blowing Machines has been set up.
I have lost count of the number of occasions I have witnessed gardeners using these awful machines there for long periods of time. I have yet to see any one of them used for work that could not be done just as easily with a rake or brush, creating no noise.
In recent months I have had to get up and leave the park because the noise is appalling. A park is a place to get away from the noise and stress of modern life but Waterlow Park now tops the bill for causing the noise and stress of modern life! Now, as stated, I don't use the park at all.
I have followed up CALM's suggestion to write to Camden Council's head of parks and open spaces. I requested he informs Waterlow staff that their noise is utterly unacceptable.
I am not a gardener but understand there may be occasional need for these machines for heavy duty work. I strongly suggest Camden Council issues an instruction for these machines not to be used for any more than 10 minutes each morning and for 10 each afternoon.
- 1 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 2 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 7 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 8 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 9 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
Hornsey Lane, N6