Laverne has a word for a good cause
Muswell Hill DJ and presenter Lauren Laverne urges people to back the Adopt a Word scheme
A MUSWELL Hill celebrity is urging people to consider an unusual Christmas present this year to help out a children’s charity.
Lauren Laverne is backing the Adopt a Word scheme by I CAN, a national children’s communication charity.
For just �15, supported by Collins Dictionary, you can adopt a word of your choice for a year – Ms Laverne opted for “candy”.
“As a writer and presenter, I know the importance of being able to communicate your thoughts with other people,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“Adopt a Word is a great way to support I CAN, a charity that helps children who struggle to communicate.
“It is a great alternative gift this Christmas – or for any special occasion.”
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 6 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 9 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
For more information – and to join other well-known adopters such as Stephen Fry and Paul McCartney – go to www.adoptaword.com.