Laverne has a word for a good cause
Muswell Hill DJ and presenter Lauren Laverne urges people to back the Adopt a Word scheme
A MUSWELL Hill celebrity is urging people to consider an unusual Christmas present this year to help out a children’s charity.
Lauren Laverne is backing the Adopt a Word scheme by I CAN, a national children’s communication charity.
For just �15, supported by Collins Dictionary, you can adopt a word of your choice for a year – Ms Laverne opted for “candy”.
“As a writer and presenter, I know the importance of being able to communicate your thoughts with other people,” she said.
“Adopt a Word is a great way to support I CAN, a charity that helps children who struggle to communicate.
“It is a great alternative gift this Christmas – or for any special occasion.”
- 1 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 2 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 3 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 4 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 7 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 8 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 9 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 10 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
For more information – and to join other well-known adopters such as Stephen Fry and Paul McCartney – go to www.adoptaword.com.