Laverne has a word for a good cause
Muswell Hill DJ and presenter Lauren Laverne urges people to back the Adopt a Word scheme
A MUSWELL Hill celebrity is urging people to consider an unusual Christmas present this year to help out a children’s charity.
Lauren Laverne is backing the Adopt a Word scheme by I CAN, a national children’s communication charity.
For just �15, supported by Collins Dictionary, you can adopt a word of your choice for a year – Ms Laverne opted for “candy”.
“As a writer and presenter, I know the importance of being able to communicate your thoughts with other people,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“Adopt a Word is a great way to support I CAN, a charity that helps children who struggle to communicate.
“It is a great alternative gift this Christmas – or for any special occasion.”
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
For more information – and to join other well-known adopters such as Stephen Fry and Paul McCartney – go to www.adoptaword.com.