Laverne has a word for a good cause
Muswell Hill DJ and presenter Lauren Laverne urges people to back the Adopt a Word scheme
A MUSWELL Hill celebrity is urging people to consider an unusual Christmas present this year to help out a children’s charity.
Lauren Laverne is backing the Adopt a Word scheme by I CAN, a national children’s communication charity.
For just �15, supported by Collins Dictionary, you can adopt a word of your choice for a year – Ms Laverne opted for “candy”.
“As a writer and presenter, I know the importance of being able to communicate your thoughts with other people,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“Adopt a Word is a great way to support I CAN, a charity that helps children who struggle to communicate.
“It is a great alternative gift this Christmas – or for any special occasion.”
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
For more information – and to join other well-known adopters such as Stephen Fry and Paul McCartney – go to www.adoptaword.com.