Latest travel: Flooding closes Swiss Cottage tube station
SWISS Cottage tube station has been closed this afternoon because of flooding on the tracks, the Ham&High has learned. The station, which has been blighted by the problem in recent years, was closed at around 1.45pm to the dismay of passengers. A London Underground Emer
SWISS COTTAGE tube station has been closed this afternoon because of flooding on the tracks, the Ham&High has learned.
The station, which has been blighted by the problem in recent years, was closed at around 1.45pm to the dismay of passengers.
A TfL Emergency Response unit was at the scene to investigate the problem.
It is understand the flooding has been caused by a burst to an underground pipe. Thames Water have also been called in to investigate.
You may also want to watch:
The northbound Jubilee Line is currently suspended between Waterloo and West Hampstead with southbound trains running with delays.
It is the latest in a long line of glitches to hit the station, which has also had issues with broken escalators in recent months.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 9 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 10 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village