Latest travel: Flooding closes Swiss Cottage tube station
SWISS Cottage tube station has been closed this afternoon because of flooding on the tracks, the Ham&High has learned. The station, which has been blighted by the problem in recent years, was closed at around 1.45pm to the dismay of passengers. A London Underground Emer
SWISS COTTAGE tube station has been closed this afternoon because of flooding on the tracks, the Ham&High has learned.
The station, which has been blighted by the problem in recent years, was closed at around 1.45pm to the dismay of passengers.
A TfL Emergency Response unit was at the scene to investigate the problem.
It is understand the flooding has been caused by a burst to an underground pipe. Thames Water have also been called in to investigate.
You may also want to watch:
The northbound Jubilee Line is currently suspended between Waterloo and West Hampstead with southbound trains running with delays.
It is the latest in a long line of glitches to hit the station, which has also had issues with broken escalators in recent months.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 10 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'