Latest travel: Flooding closes Swiss Cottage tube station
SWISS Cottage tube station has been closed this afternoon because of flooding on the tracks, the Ham&High has learned. The station, which has been blighted by the problem in recent years, was closed at around 1.45pm to the dismay of passengers. A London Underground Emer
SWISS COTTAGE tube station has been closed this afternoon because of flooding on the tracks, the Ham&High has learned.
The station, which has been blighted by the problem in recent years, was closed at around 1.45pm to the dismay of passengers.
A TfL Emergency Response unit was at the scene to investigate the problem.
It is understand the flooding has been caused by a burst to an underground pipe. Thames Water have also been called in to investigate.
You may also want to watch:
The northbound Jubilee Line is currently suspended between Waterloo and West Hampstead with southbound trains running with delays.
It is the latest in a long line of glitches to hit the station, which has also had issues with broken escalators in recent months.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 5 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 6 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing