Latest plans to build homes on historic Mansfield Bowling Club green are ‘improvement’
- Credit: Archant
The latest plans to build flats on a historic bowling green in Dartmouth Park have been described as “an improvement” by the head of a residents’ group fighting the proposals.
Three tennis courts, a new pavilion, an open space, a community garden and a three-storey block of flats are proposed for the nearly 100-year-old Mansfield Bowling Club in Croftdown Road.
The latest designs were unveiled on Monday at a third consultation workshop with residents, hosted by developers Generator Group at Highgate Newtown Community Centre in Bertram Road, Highgate.
A third tennis court was added to plans after feedback from Kenlyn Lawn Tennis Club, which uses the club’s two clay courts.
The proposed scheme follows rejected plans to build eight family homes and a leisure centre in the club’s grounds last summer.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Barker, chairman of Mansfield Neighbours Group, said: “The plans are an improvement, in the sense they are proposing to put housing on the footprint of the old clubhouse building.
“But I think there we have still got some way to go. How is the open space going to be managed? Will the designs for the new housing be of a sufficiently high standard?”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
A spokesman from Generator Group declined to comment.