Last chance to win some Christmas Cheer
Susanna Wilkey WITH only one day left until the closing date of the Ham&High s special Christmas Cheer giveaway it is time to get your entries in. The Ham&High has teamed up with Barclays for this festive campaign which will see �5,500 dished out to worth
WITH only one day left until the closing date of the Ham&High's special Christmas Cheer giveaway it is time to get your entries in.
The Ham&High has teamed up with Barclays for this festive campaign which will see �5,500 dished out to worthy groups and organisations in the local area.
The grants will be awarded to charities and voluntary groups in Camden, Haringey, Barnet and Westminster who need some vital cash for a one-off special project.
You may also want to watch:
Past winners include the Gospel Oak School Association, the Haringey Phoenix Club and Sunnyside Community Gardens.
Another of last year's winners was Home Start Camden which was awarded a grant of �500. It supports families with children under five who are experiencing difficulties and used the cash to hold a picnic for volunteers and families to have a meal together.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
Mina Gohil said: "We had the picnic on Parliament Hill and it was great for the volunteers and families. We had about 50 people. Some of the families never get out into the park so it was a wonderful opportunity for them and everyone really enjoyed it.
"I would definitely encourage other charities to apply and the money was great and came in very useful."
One charity hoping for a slice of this year's cash is Headway North London which is a support group for those with or affected by brain injury, including survivors, carers, family and friends.
The group provides a number of support services for people the area and campaigns for greater awareness of brain injury.
Other groups are being invited to apply for one of the cash awards. Up for grabs are three �1,000 cash prizes, three of �500 and four worth �250 each.
Anyone can enter whether you help out with a registered charity, organise a scout group or just know a local organisation that needs some help.
To apply, fill out the coupon, right, and then tell us on a separate piece of paper why you think your organisation deserves one of the awards. The deadline is tomorrow and winners will be contacted next week and invited to attend a special awards ceremony at a local branch of Barclays. To be eligible your group must be a UK registered charity or a recognised not-for-profit community group.