Lap dancing club plans on hold
CONTROVERSIAL plans to turn a nightclub in Crouch End into a lap-dancing club have been put on hold . Owners of the Music Palace in Crouch End have asked the council to cancel a licensing committee meeting due to decide the venue s fate on May 14. Plans
CONTROVERSIAL plans to turn a nightclub in Crouch End into a lap-dancing club have been "put on hold".
Owners of the Music Palace in Crouch End have asked the council to cancel a licensing committee meeting due to decide the venue's fate on May 14.
Plans to turn the music venue into a lap-dancing club were received with huge opposition by local residents, councillors and teachers who clubbed together to form the Lapoff campaign.
But the latest news has met with a mixed response by residents who are pleased at the cancellation of the meeting but anxious that the plans have only been put on hold and may still go ahead.
Alison Lilystone, also of Fairfield Road, said: "This is a big relief and, we like to think, not unduly related to the fantastic work of Lapoff campaigners.
"However, we must and will remain vigilant to ensure that we are completely ready if this proposal comes back on the table."
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 7 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
For more on this story, pick up this week's Ham&High Broadway on Thursday (April 30).