Land train to appear at Highgate’s Fair in the Square
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A special train will be passing through Highgate Village for this year’s Fair in the Square event on Saturday June 15.
For the first time in its history young visitors to the event will be able to travel for free from Pond Square to St Michael’s Church on board a road train.
This year there are more than 100 performers lined up, including dancers, singers and actors, while entries for the fair’s food categories are already pouring in.
Other activities include a bungee trampoline outside The Flask pub, art and circus skills workshops and an appearance from the cast of hit musical Avenue Q playing at Upstairs at The Gatehouse.
Also new this year is a sheep show. A New Zealand farmer will be showcasing some of his flock on stage and performing a shearing demonstration for the crowds.
You may also want to watch:
Veronica Day, chairman of the Fair in the Square organising committee, said: “Every year we try to introduce something new to the fair.
“This year we have not only the train, but the sheep show and traditional fairground rides from Carter’s.”
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 9 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 10 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
n Visit www.fairinthesquare.co.uk for more details.