Land train to appear at Highgate’s Fair in the Square
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A special train will be passing through Highgate Village for this year’s Fair in the Square event on Saturday June 15.
For the first time in its history young visitors to the event will be able to travel for free from Pond Square to St Michael’s Church on board a road train.
This year there are more than 100 performers lined up, including dancers, singers and actors, while entries for the fair’s food categories are already pouring in.
Other activities include a bungee trampoline outside The Flask pub, art and circus skills workshops and an appearance from the cast of hit musical Avenue Q playing at Upstairs at The Gatehouse.
Also new this year is a sheep show. A New Zealand farmer will be showcasing some of his flock on stage and performing a shearing demonstration for the crowds.
Veronica Day, chairman of the Fair in the Square organising committee, said: “Every year we try to introduce something new to the fair.
“This year we have not only the train, but the sheep show and traditional fairground rides from Carter’s.”
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 7 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 8 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 9 Hornsey Exchange opening first step in bringing town hall 'back to life'
- 10 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
n Visit www.fairinthesquare.co.uk for more details.