Land train to appear at Highgate’s Fair in the Square
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A special train will be passing through Highgate Village for this year’s Fair in the Square event on Saturday June 15.
For the first time in its history young visitors to the event will be able to travel for free from Pond Square to St Michael’s Church on board a road train.
This year there are more than 100 performers lined up, including dancers, singers and actors, while entries for the fair’s food categories are already pouring in.
Other activities include a bungee trampoline outside The Flask pub, art and circus skills workshops and an appearance from the cast of hit musical Avenue Q playing at Upstairs at The Gatehouse.
Also new this year is a sheep show. A New Zealand farmer will be showcasing some of his flock on stage and performing a shearing demonstration for the crowds.
You may also want to watch:
Veronica Day, chairman of the Fair in the Square organising committee, said: “Every year we try to introduce something new to the fair.
“This year we have not only the train, but the sheep show and traditional fairground rides from Carter’s.”
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 8 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 9 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 10 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
n Visit www.fairinthesquare.co.uk for more details.