Land train to appear at Highgate’s Fair in the Square
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A special train will be passing through Highgate Village for this year’s Fair in the Square event on Saturday June 15.
For the first time in its history young visitors to the event will be able to travel for free from Pond Square to St Michael’s Church on board a road train.
This year there are more than 100 performers lined up, including dancers, singers and actors, while entries for the fair’s food categories are already pouring in.
Other activities include a bungee trampoline outside The Flask pub, art and circus skills workshops and an appearance from the cast of hit musical Avenue Q playing at Upstairs at The Gatehouse.
Also new this year is a sheep show. A New Zealand farmer will be showcasing some of his flock on stage and performing a shearing demonstration for the crowds.
You may also want to watch:
Veronica Day, chairman of the Fair in the Square organising committee, said: “Every year we try to introduce something new to the fair.
“This year we have not only the train, but the sheep show and traditional fairground rides from Carter’s.”
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 5 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 6 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 7 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 8 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
n Visit www.fairinthesquare.co.uk for more details.