Labour candidate's goodwill message to new councillor
As Labour s candidate in last week s by-election in Belsize, i wanted to record how pleased I have been to speak to hundreds of residents in the Belsize area whilst campaigning. It really means a lot that so many people care deeply about our community and
As Labour's candidate in last week's by-election in Belsize, i wanted to record how pleased I have been to speak to hundreds of residents in the Belsize area whilst campaigning. It really means a lot that so many people care deeply about our community and want things to improve.
Now the by-election is over, i want to wish Belsize's latest Lib Dem councillor the best of luck in his new role. My hope is that the Lib Dems make good on all the many promises they made throughout this by-election campaign. If they really can deliver a new primary school for Belsize before the next Council elections i will be very impressed.
Let me also thank all those who voted Labour on April 2nd. We didn't win, but we can build on all our hard work.
Be certain everything you told me on doorsteps up and down Belsize was taken onboard, listened to and valued. The experiences you shared with me will help to formulate Labour's direction locally and move us closer to the heart of the community in Belsize.
You may also want to watch:
Labour spokesperson for Belsize
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 3 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 4 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 5 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again