La Sainte Union drug-laced sweets: Two arrested over ‘weed gummies’ which saw 17 teenagers hospitalised
- Credit: Archant
A man and a woman have been arrested over the incident which saw teenagers at La Sainte Union Catholic School hospitalised after eating cannabis-laced sweets.
Police confirmed 17 children in total were taken to hospitalafter the incident on Monday October 5.
Officers have now arrested two individuals – a 41-year-old man and a 24 year-old woman – on suspicion of possession of cannabis and child neglect.
The sweets are understood to have contained THC. This is the principle psychoactive ingredient in cannabis.
The man arrested has been released on bail until November while the woman remains in custody.
Police warned Camden parents to be vigilant as it was possible more batches of the sweets, thought to be branded as Medicated Nerds, could be in circulation in the borough.
All the children involved were released from hospital and police said no-one became “seriously unwell”.
The police investigation continues. Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD 4524/5Oct.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 7 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
- 10 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate