Hampstead restaurant gives fresh meals to Royal Free and Whittington staff
- Credit: KOJO
A Hampstead restaurant is giving plant-based meals to NHS staff working on the Covid frontline.
KOJO restaurant, based in Rosslyn Hill, is donating fresh food to the Royal Free and Whittington hospitals. It provided 241 meals between January 21 to 30.
Managing director Alina Gromova-Jones said: “We know what kind of a strain the NHS is under. It’s our way of giving back to them for their hard work and efforts and everything that they do for us.
“We like to say, look after those who look after us.”
One of the “signature” dishes delivered to health workers is known as the “NHS hero veg rice bowl”, which contains tender spring broccoli, beetroot, mango and kimchi served with rice.
You may also want to watch:
Alina said: “We see on social media a lot of NHS staff reaching out explaining what kind of conditions they are under and we can only imagine what they must be going through, the stress of what they see, the long hours.
“Because of this, maybe they weren’t reaching for the healthy meal option.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
“It’s an honour to be able to give something back. KOJO can power our NHS staff with plant-based meals and we see how they thrive.”
KOJO’s scheme, which is funded by the restaurant and the public, is looking to expand to cover carers and the wider NHS community, as well as a new project to provide meals to homeless people in London.
A JustGiving page has been set up to encourage donations towards the project, which is nearly halfway towards its target of £10,000.
KOJO is open for takeaway at 32-34 Rosslyn Hill, Hampstead, London NW3 1NH.