Knife gangs target lone dog walkers
LONE women walking their dogs have been targeted in a spate of knife-point robberies in Primrose Hill. Two female dog walkers were robbed in the space of two days last week by groups of youths, who the victims believed were armed with knives. At midday on
LONE women walking their dogs have been targeted in a spate of knife-point robberies in Primrose Hill.
Two female dog walkers were robbed in the space of two days last week by groups of youths, who the victims believed were armed with knives.
At midday on Friday, a 43-year-old woman was walking her dog on Primrose Hill when several youths chased her dog which they tried to kick. As the woman was comforting her pet, two suspects returned and demanded she hand over her belongings. She did this immediately, when she saw one of her attackers holding what appeared to be a knife.
The robbery came just 24 hours after another young woman was robbed on Elsworthy Terrace. At 2.30pm she was verbally abused by a woman, who demanded she hand over her personal possessions. She too saw what she thought was a knife and, fearing for her life, followed her attacker's instructions.
You may also want to watch:
In a further incident in Primrose Hill on Saturday, there was an attempted robbery on a 24-year-old man in nearby Elsworthy Road.
Police have arrested five teenagers in connection with the robberies on Friday and Saturday, but so far no charges have been brought. Anyone with information on any of the incidents is urged to call Camden Police on 0207-404 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 9 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband