Kinks frontman leads all-star Kenwood line-up
THE KINKS frontman Ray Davies, Simply Red and hoarse-voiced singer-songwriter James Morrison will head the lineup at this year s Kenwood Concerts, it has been revealed. Highgate s very own Mr Davies will kick off the concert season on Hampstead Heath on S
THE KINKS frontman Ray Davies, Simply Red and hoarse-voiced singer-songwriter James Morrison will head the lineup at this year's Kenwood Concerts, it has been revealed.
Highgate's very own Mr Davies will kick off the concert season on Hampstead Heath on Saturday June 27.
Flamenco-Latin stars the Gipsy Kings will make an appearance and there will also be the much-loved Summer Proms with 'People's Tenor' Russell Watson on July 18.
Pianist and presenter Jools Holland will perform with his acclaimed Rhythm and Blues Orchestra.
You may also want to watch:
The Last Night of the Kenwood Proms will be held on August 22 with tenor Alfie Boe, and is set to conclude with a spectacular fireworks display.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate