Killer is convicted for strangling transsexual prostitute in Kentish Town
A KILLER who strangled a pre-op transsexual prostitute at her home in Kentish Town was behind bars and facing the prospect of a life sentence today. Leon Fyle, 22, arranged to visit 29 year-old Destiny Lauren for a massage on November 5 last year after fi
A KILLER who strangled a pre-op transsexual prostitute at her home in Kentish Town was behind bars and facing the prospect of a life sentence today.
Leon Fyle, 22, arranged to visit 29 year-old Destiny Lauren for a massage on November 5 last year after finding her advert in a newspaper.
He was caught on CCTV donning a pair of black gloves before entering her flat in Leighton Crescent that night.
Miss Lauren - whose uncle Paul Hill was a member of the Guildford Four - was found dead two hours later by her brother.
You may also want to watch:
A jury at Snaresbrook Crown Court took 14 hours and 12 minutes to convict Fyle of murder following a two-week trial and he is due to be sentenced on September 17.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'