Kevin Spacey gets behind Pigs4Kids campaign for Swiss Cottage special school
- Credit: Marsha Lee
Hollywood heavyweight Kevin Spacey has pledged his support for the Ham&High’s Pigs4Kids campaign in aid of a new Swiss Cottage special school.
The American actor and director, who also works as artistic director at the Old Vic theatre in Waterloo, posed for a photo with a Pigs4Kids piggy bank after meeting founder and chairman of the campaign Marsha Lee.
Ms Lee said: “Mr Spacey is in complete support of the Pigs4Kids campaign and he wants everyone else to support the cause too.
“Special needs didn’t really have a central voice in the UK and now Swiss Cottage School is the national centre of excellence for special needs.”
The 53-year-old Oscar winner, star of American Beauty and The Usual Suspects, is the latest high-profile personality to get behind Pigs4Kids, following a similar show of support from Tory MP and education secretary Michael Gove last November.
You may also want to watch:
The Ham&High is asking readers to raise £60,000 for the Pigs4Kids campaign to support the new Swiss Cottage School and Development & Research Centre, in Adelaide Road.
To donate to the campaign or find out how to pick up a Pigs4Kids piggy bank, call the Ham&High on 020 7433 0000 or visit www.pigs4kids.org
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 8 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community