Kevin Spacey gets behind Pigs4Kids campaign for Swiss Cottage special school
- Credit: Marsha Lee
Hollywood heavyweight Kevin Spacey has pledged his support for the Ham&High’s Pigs4Kids campaign in aid of a new Swiss Cottage special school.
The American actor and director, who also works as artistic director at the Old Vic theatre in Waterloo, posed for a photo with a Pigs4Kids piggy bank after meeting founder and chairman of the campaign Marsha Lee.
Ms Lee said: “Mr Spacey is in complete support of the Pigs4Kids campaign and he wants everyone else to support the cause too.
“Special needs didn’t really have a central voice in the UK and now Swiss Cottage School is the national centre of excellence for special needs.”
The 53-year-old Oscar winner, star of American Beauty and The Usual Suspects, is the latest high-profile personality to get behind Pigs4Kids, following a similar show of support from Tory MP and education secretary Michael Gove last November.
You may also want to watch:
The Ham&High is asking readers to raise £60,000 for the Pigs4Kids campaign to support the new Swiss Cottage School and Development & Research Centre, in Adelaide Road.
To donate to the campaign or find out how to pick up a Pigs4Kids piggy bank, call the Ham&High on 020 7433 0000 or visit www.pigs4kids.org
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 5 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 6 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 7 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 8 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos