Kevin Spacey gets behind Pigs4Kids campaign for Swiss Cottage special school
- Credit: Marsha Lee
Hollywood heavyweight Kevin Spacey has pledged his support for the Ham&High’s Pigs4Kids campaign in aid of a new Swiss Cottage special school.
The American actor and director, who also works as artistic director at the Old Vic theatre in Waterloo, posed for a photo with a Pigs4Kids piggy bank after meeting founder and chairman of the campaign Marsha Lee.
Ms Lee said: “Mr Spacey is in complete support of the Pigs4Kids campaign and he wants everyone else to support the cause too.
“Special needs didn’t really have a central voice in the UK and now Swiss Cottage School is the national centre of excellence for special needs.”
The 53-year-old Oscar winner, star of American Beauty and The Usual Suspects, is the latest high-profile personality to get behind Pigs4Kids, following a similar show of support from Tory MP and education secretary Michael Gove last November.
You may also want to watch:
The Ham&High is asking readers to raise £60,000 for the Pigs4Kids campaign to support the new Swiss Cottage School and Development & Research Centre, in Adelaide Road.
To donate to the campaign or find out how to pick up a Pigs4Kids piggy bank, call the Ham&High on 020 7433 0000 or visit www.pigs4kids.org
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 8 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'