Death of man near Kenwood House ‘not suspicious’, say cops
- Credit: Archant
A man was found dead near to Kenwood House this morning.
Police were called to Kenwood, on Hampstead Heath, at 6.37am after reports of an “adult male found deceased”.
A Met Police spokesperson said: “Medics from London Ambulance Service [LAS] attended and life was pronounced extinct. The man’s next of kin have been informed.
“The circumstances of the death are not currently being treated as suspicious.”
A police cordon is in place.
You may also want to watch:
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Kenwood House itself is currently closed to the public, but visitors can still enter the grounds.
At present, the police report cordons are in place.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
A spokesperson for Kenwood House said: “We are aware that in the early hours of this morning, emergency services attended an incident outside the perimeter fence of Kenwood House grounds. The House and grounds were closed at the time of the incident. This is a police matter and we are unable to comment further.”