Grounds of Kenwood House reopen to public as coronavirus lockdown eases
- Credit: Archant
The grounds of Kenwood House are to be reopened to the public on May 27.
After being shut since March during the coronavirus lockdown, English Heritage announced the move along with a number of guidelines to minimise queuing and ensure social distancing.
The grounds were opened to members of the Friends of Kenwood and volunteers on May 26.
The car park is to re-open too, but there will be no available toilets and the cafe will remain closed.
Greeting the news, the Friends of Kenwood group said; “We very much hope you enjoy this special opportunity to relish the peace of Kenwood, the greenness of the grass and the beauty of the birdsong.”
You may also want to watch:
English Heritage said: “We will re-open as soon as government advice allows and only when we can ensure the safety of our visitors and our staff and volunteers. The Kenwood Estate will be re-opening to the public on May 27. Kenwood House will remain closed for the foreseeable future.”
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 3 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 6 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham