Grounds of Kenwood House reopen to public as coronavirus lockdown eases
- Credit: Archant
The grounds of Kenwood House are to be reopened to the public on May 27.
After being shut since March during the coronavirus lockdown, English Heritage announced the move along with a number of guidelines to minimise queuing and ensure social distancing.
The grounds were opened to members of the Friends of Kenwood and volunteers on May 26.
The car park is to re-open too, but there will be no available toilets and the cafe will remain closed.
Greeting the news, the Friends of Kenwood group said; “We very much hope you enjoy this special opportunity to relish the peace of Kenwood, the greenness of the grass and the beauty of the birdsong.”
You may also want to watch:
English Heritage said: “We will re-open as soon as government advice allows and only when we can ensure the safety of our visitors and our staff and volunteers. The Kenwood Estate will be re-opening to the public on May 27. Kenwood House will remain closed for the foreseeable future.”
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 9 'The good times are back': Brendan the Navigator pub opens in Highgate
- 10 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding