Kenwood concerts win licence
KENWOOD House's famous season of outdoor concerts has moved a step closer to returning this summer
KENWOOD House's famous season of outdoor concerts has moved a step closer to returning this summer.
On Thursday Camden Council granted English Heritage a licence for eight concerts in the grounds of the Grade II-listed building.
The licence approval is the first step in the return of the concerts, which were cancelled last year for the first time since they started in the summer of 1952.
Concert promoter IMG is awaiting planning approval for a newly located stage - which will help cut down on noise pollution - before announcing the artists who will perform this year.
Rebecca Kane English Heritage Visitor Operations Director said "The granting of a premises licence is an important and positive step in the process of restoring the concerts.
"However, we are not there yet. The planning application for the concerts is still be processed by Camden, and will not be decided until early April.
- 1 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 2 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 3 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 4 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 6 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 7 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 8 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'
- 9 Haringey Council makes senior leadership appointments
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet