Kentish town station to close? sorry, that's a misprint
COMMUTERS would have been in for a shock had they read an email sent by First Capital Connect suggesting Kentish Town Thameslink station might be closed. It was sent to light-rail campaigner John Cox and said consultations have been held over plans to shu
COMMUTERS would have been in for a shock had they read an email sent by First Capital Connect suggesting Kentish Town Thameslink station might be closed.
It was sent to light-rail campaigner John Cox and said consultations have been held over plans to shut Cricklewood and Kentish Town stations when the new one opens at Brent Cross.
The red-faced company has admitted the email was an administrative error in the customer services department.
Mr Cox said: "FCC emailed me effectively saying if and when Brent Cross station opens, Kentish Town, Hendon and Cricklewood stations will close because they are too close to the new station and will not be able to take the new 12-car trains. We don't know what they're going to do and we want Network Rail to come clean about the closures."
You may also want to watch:
The planning application for the �4billion Brent Cross Cricklewood development was due to be decided on July 20 but the decision was delayed again by Barnet Council and no new date has been set.
The plans would create a town centre, 27,000 jobs, 7,500 homes, doctors' surgeries, three schools, hotels, waste facilities, parks and a high street, as well as investing �400 million in transport.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 7 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 8 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 9 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 10 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally