Kentish town station to close? sorry, that's a misprint
COMMUTERS would have been in for a shock had they read an email sent by First Capital Connect suggesting Kentish Town Thameslink station might be closed. It was sent to light-rail campaigner John Cox and said consultations have been held over plans to shu
COMMUTERS would have been in for a shock had they read an email sent by First Capital Connect suggesting Kentish Town Thameslink station might be closed.
It was sent to light-rail campaigner John Cox and said consultations have been held over plans to shut Cricklewood and Kentish Town stations when the new one opens at Brent Cross.
The red-faced company has admitted the email was an administrative error in the customer services department.
Mr Cox said: "FCC emailed me effectively saying if and when Brent Cross station opens, Kentish Town, Hendon and Cricklewood stations will close because they are too close to the new station and will not be able to take the new 12-car trains. We don't know what they're going to do and we want Network Rail to come clean about the closures."
The planning application for the �4billion Brent Cross Cricklewood development was due to be decided on July 20 but the decision was delayed again by Barnet Council and no new date has been set.
The plans would create a town centre, 27,000 jobs, 7,500 homes, doctors' surgeries, three schools, hotels, waste facilities, parks and a high street, as well as investing �400 million in transport.
- 1 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 4 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 5 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 9 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
- 10 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee