Kentish town station to close? sorry, that's a misprint
COMMUTERS would have been in for a shock had they read an email sent by First Capital Connect suggesting Kentish Town Thameslink station might be closed. It was sent to light-rail campaigner John Cox and said consultations have been held over plans to shu
COMMUTERS would have been in for a shock had they read an email sent by First Capital Connect suggesting Kentish Town Thameslink station might be closed.
It was sent to light-rail campaigner John Cox and said consultations have been held over plans to shut Cricklewood and Kentish Town stations when the new one opens at Brent Cross.
The red-faced company has admitted the email was an administrative error in the customer services department.
Mr Cox said: "FCC emailed me effectively saying if and when Brent Cross station opens, Kentish Town, Hendon and Cricklewood stations will close because they are too close to the new station and will not be able to take the new 12-car trains. We don't know what they're going to do and we want Network Rail to come clean about the closures."
You may also want to watch:
The planning application for the �4billion Brent Cross Cricklewood development was due to be decided on July 20 but the decision was delayed again by Barnet Council and no new date has been set.
The plans would create a town centre, 27,000 jobs, 7,500 homes, doctors' surgeries, three schools, hotels, waste facilities, parks and a high street, as well as investing �400 million in transport.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 4 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 5 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 6 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 7 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 8 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal