Kentish town station to close? sorry, that's a misprint
COMMUTERS would have been in for a shock had they read an email sent by First Capital Connect suggesting Kentish Town Thameslink station might be closed. It was sent to light-rail campaigner John Cox and said consultations have been held over plans to shu
COMMUTERS would have been in for a shock had they read an email sent by First Capital Connect suggesting Kentish Town Thameslink station might be closed.
It was sent to light-rail campaigner John Cox and said consultations have been held over plans to shut Cricklewood and Kentish Town stations when the new one opens at Brent Cross.
The red-faced company has admitted the email was an administrative error in the customer services department.
Mr Cox said: "FCC emailed me effectively saying if and when Brent Cross station opens, Kentish Town, Hendon and Cricklewood stations will close because they are too close to the new station and will not be able to take the new 12-car trains. We don't know what they're going to do and we want Network Rail to come clean about the closures."
You may also want to watch:
The planning application for the �4billion Brent Cross Cricklewood development was due to be decided on July 20 but the decision was delayed again by Barnet Council and no new date has been set.
The plans would create a town centre, 27,000 jobs, 7,500 homes, doctors' surgeries, three schools, hotels, waste facilities, parks and a high street, as well as investing �400 million in transport.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 9 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
- 10 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath