Leighton Road hit and run: Alistair McWilliams charged over fatal collision in Kentish Town
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court over a hit and run crash which killed Camden man Richard Dougherty last month.
Alistair McWilliams, 32, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on September 15.
He has been remanded in custody until October 10 with a trial anticipated to take place at the Old Bailey, although he has yet to enter a plea.
He will face charges of causing death by dangerous driving, failing to stop after a road accident, causing a death by driving a vehicle whilst unlicensed or uninsured and aggravated vehicle-taking
Mr Dougherty died more than a week after being hit by a Nissan Primera in Leighton Road, Kentish Town in the early hours of August 23.
You may also want to watch:
Police arrested McWilliams on Friday.
On the night of the crash, several Kentish Town residents were evacuated from their homes in the middle of the night because the car was leaking fuel and at risk of explosion.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead