Kentish Town burglar jailed for keeping shotgun
A CONVICTED burglar has been jailed for three years after police found a rifle hidden in his Kentish Town home. Jay Ellis, 23, of Montpellier Grove was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday. The rifle was seized from his home in July during a pol
A CONVICTED burglar has been jailed for three years after police found a rifle hidden in his Kentish Town home.
Jay Ellis, 23, of Montpellier Grove was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday.
The rifle was seized from his home in July during a police raid by officers who had been looking for drugs. It was found wrapped in a blanket hidden in a wardrobe.
Ellis had been automatically banned from owning a firearm for five years as a result of a previous conviction for burglary.
Det Insp Adrian Lewis from Camden Police said: "Obviously the big area we have had an increase in is gun related crime. We need to send out the message that guns won't be tolerated and that if you are caught with one then justice will prevail.
"We are looking to build intelligence as to where guns might be and if anyone has any information about firearms then they should contact the police."
- 1 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 2 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 3 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 4 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 5 In pictures: Wacky racers descend on Alexandra Palace for soapbox challenge
- 6 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 7 Camden watchmaker launches crowdfunding campaign
- 8 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 9 Gabriel Jesus solves Arsenal's striking conundrum
- 10 Night-time fishing suspended at Vale of Health following 'antisocial behaviour'
Ellis had pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing at Blackfriars Crown Court on November 9.