Kentish Town burglar jailed for keeping shotgun
A CONVICTED burglar has been jailed for three years after police found a rifle hidden in his Kentish Town home. Jay Ellis, 23, of Montpellier Grove was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday. The rifle was seized from his home in July during a pol
A CONVICTED burglar has been jailed for three years after police found a rifle hidden in his Kentish Town home.
Jay Ellis, 23, of Montpellier Grove was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday.
The rifle was seized from his home in July during a police raid by officers who had been looking for drugs. It was found wrapped in a blanket hidden in a wardrobe.
Ellis had been automatically banned from owning a firearm for five years as a result of a previous conviction for burglary.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Adrian Lewis from Camden Police said: "Obviously the big area we have had an increase in is gun related crime. We need to send out the message that guns won't be tolerated and that if you are caught with one then justice will prevail.
"We are looking to build intelligence as to where guns might be and if anyone has any information about firearms then they should contact the police."
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
Ellis had pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing at Blackfriars Crown Court on November 9.