Kentish Town burglar jailed for keeping shotgun
A CONVICTED burglar has been jailed for three years after police found a rifle hidden in his Kentish Town home. Jay Ellis, 23, of Montpellier Grove was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday. The rifle was seized from his home in July during a pol
A CONVICTED burglar has been jailed for three years after police found a rifle hidden in his Kentish Town home.
Jay Ellis, 23, of Montpellier Grove was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday.
The rifle was seized from his home in July during a police raid by officers who had been looking for drugs. It was found wrapped in a blanket hidden in a wardrobe.
Ellis had been automatically banned from owning a firearm for five years as a result of a previous conviction for burglary.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Adrian Lewis from Camden Police said: "Obviously the big area we have had an increase in is gun related crime. We need to send out the message that guns won't be tolerated and that if you are caught with one then justice will prevail.
"We are looking to build intelligence as to where guns might be and if anyone has any information about firearms then they should contact the police."
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 10 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
Ellis had pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing at Blackfriars Crown Court on November 9.