Kentish Town burglar jailed for keeping shotgun
A CONVICTED burglar has been jailed for three years after police found a rifle hidden in his Kentish Town home. Jay Ellis, 23, of Montpellier Grove was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday. The rifle was seized from his home in July during a pol
A CONVICTED burglar has been jailed for three years after police found a rifle hidden in his Kentish Town home.
Jay Ellis, 23, of Montpellier Grove was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday.
The rifle was seized from his home in July during a police raid by officers who had been looking for drugs. It was found wrapped in a blanket hidden in a wardrobe.
Ellis had been automatically banned from owning a firearm for five years as a result of a previous conviction for burglary.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Adrian Lewis from Camden Police said: "Obviously the big area we have had an increase in is gun related crime. We need to send out the message that guns won't be tolerated and that if you are caught with one then justice will prevail.
"We are looking to build intelligence as to where guns might be and if anyone has any information about firearms then they should contact the police."
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 7 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
Ellis had pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing at Blackfriars Crown Court on November 9.