Kentish Town burglar jailed for keeping shotgun
A CONVICTED burglar has been jailed for three years after police found a rifle hidden in his Kentish Town home. Jay Ellis, 23, of Montpellier Grove was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday. The rifle was seized from his home in July during a pol
A CONVICTED burglar has been jailed for three years after police found a rifle hidden in his Kentish Town home.
Jay Ellis, 23, of Montpellier Grove was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday.
The rifle was seized from his home in July during a police raid by officers who had been looking for drugs. It was found wrapped in a blanket hidden in a wardrobe.
Ellis had been automatically banned from owning a firearm for five years as a result of a previous conviction for burglary.
Det Insp Adrian Lewis from Camden Police said: "Obviously the big area we have had an increase in is gun related crime. We need to send out the message that guns won't be tolerated and that if you are caught with one then justice will prevail.
"We are looking to build intelligence as to where guns might be and if anyone has any information about firearms then they should contact the police."
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 3 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 7 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 8 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
Ellis had pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing at Blackfriars Crown Court on November 9.