Kennet Road shooting: Armed cops rush to protect Maida Vale college
- Credit: Archant
Armed cops rushed to a Maida Vale college yesterday after a shooter opened fire in the street outside.
Police were called at 4.10pm to reports of gunshots near Kennet West Skills Centre, in Kennet Road.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “No one was found injured and the suspects left prior to police arrival.
“Officers with the support of the National Police Air Service searched the area.”
Police officers say they found evidence a firearm had been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have yet been made.
It came hours before three people were shot near Kingsbury Tube station in Brent. But there is no evidence to suggestion the two crimes are connected.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 7 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Hampstead's Karma Bread thanks Royal Free staff with baked goods
- 10 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
Did you see what happened? E-mail Lucas Cumiskey at the Gazette news desk: firstname.lastname@example.org