Kennet Road shooting: Armed cops rush to protect Maida Vale college
- Credit: Archant
Armed cops rushed to a Maida Vale college yesterday after a shooter opened fire in the street outside.
Police were called at 4.10pm to reports of gunshots near Kennet West Skills Centre, in Kennet Road.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “No one was found injured and the suspects left prior to police arrival.
“Officers with the support of the National Police Air Service searched the area.”
Police officers say they found evidence a firearm had been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have yet been made.
It came hours before three people were shot near Kingsbury Tube station in Brent. But there is no evidence to suggestion the two crimes are connected.
- 1 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 2 Camden Town Brewery's new Bavarian Beer Hall opens in Kentish Town
- 3 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 4 What Paulo Fonseca means for Tottenham Hotspur?
- 5 Rift over nursery plan for play area outside of Hornsey block
- 6 New headteachers at Harris Academy St John's Wood and Camden School for Girls
- 7 Quality Indian take-away fresh from Crouch End's 'Bazaar'
- 8 Home of the Week: Four bedroom maisonette with period features for sale in Belsize Park
- 9 81-year-old paints her way to fourth book since lockdown
- 10 Former England star Nick Compton visits North London Cricket Club
Did you see what happened? E-mail Lucas Cumiskey at the Gazette news desk: firstname.lastname@example.org