Kennet Road shooting: Armed cops rush to protect Maida Vale college
- Credit: Archant
Armed cops rushed to a Maida Vale college yesterday after a shooter opened fire in the street outside.
Police were called at 4.10pm to reports of gunshots near Kennet West Skills Centre, in Kennet Road.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “No one was found injured and the suspects left prior to police arrival.
“Officers with the support of the National Police Air Service searched the area.”
Police officers say they found evidence a firearm had been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have yet been made.
It came hours before three people were shot near Kingsbury Tube station in Brent. But there is no evidence to suggestion the two crimes are connected.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives
Did you see what happened? E-mail Lucas Cumiskey at the Gazette news desk: email@example.com