Kennet Road shooting: Armed cops rush to protect Maida Vale college
- Credit: Archant
Armed cops rushed to a Maida Vale college yesterday after a shooter opened fire in the street outside.
Police were called at 4.10pm to reports of gunshots near Kennet West Skills Centre, in Kennet Road.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “No one was found injured and the suspects left prior to police arrival.
“Officers with the support of the National Police Air Service searched the area.”
Police officers say they found evidence a firearm had been discharged.
No arrests have yet been made.
It came hours before three people were shot near Kingsbury Tube station in Brent. But there is no evidence to suggestion the two crimes are connected.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 5 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 8 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 9 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 10 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
Did you see what happened? E-mail Lucas Cumiskey at the Gazette news desk: email@example.com