Kennet Road shooting: Armed cops rush to protect Maida Vale college
- Credit: Archant
Armed cops rushed to a Maida Vale college yesterday after a shooter opened fire in the street outside.
Police were called at 4.10pm to reports of gunshots near Kennet West Skills Centre, in Kennet Road.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “No one was found injured and the suspects left prior to police arrival.
“Officers with the support of the National Police Air Service searched the area.”
Police officers say they found evidence a firearm had been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have yet been made.
It came hours before three people were shot near Kingsbury Tube station in Brent. But there is no evidence to suggestion the two crimes are connected.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 6 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
Did you see what happened? E-mail Lucas Cumiskey at the Gazette news desk: firstname.lastname@example.org