MPs Keir Starmer and Catherine West receive Covid vaccine
- Credit: Catherine West/Keir Starmer
Local MPs Catherine West and Keir Starmer received their Covid jabs over the weekend (March 13/14).
The Labour leader and Holborn and St Pancras MP received his vaccine at the Francis Crick institute in King’s Cross.
The Hornsey and Wood Green MP was given her jab at Wightman Road Mosque in Hornsey as part of a pop-up vaccination clinic which saw 203 people attend.
Mr Starmer said: “It has been such a difficult year and the vaccination programme is the light at the end of the tunnel.
“The vaccine is safe, effective and I urge everyone in our community to take it when it’s their turn.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms West tweeted: “Thank you @rustlehearn for vaccinating me at Wightman Road Mosque in Haringey today, and to all the team helping.
“Remember Hornsey and Wood Green - when you get the call, take your vaccine. It's free, safe, and effective.”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 4 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 5 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 6 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
As of March 15, nearly 25 million people in the UK had received the first dose of a Covid vaccine.