MPs Keir Starmer and Catherine West receive Covid vaccine
- Credit: Catherine West/Keir Starmer
Local MPs Catherine West and Keir Starmer received their Covid jabs over the weekend (March 13/14).
The Labour leader and Holborn and St Pancras MP received his vaccine at the Francis Crick institute in King’s Cross.
The Hornsey and Wood Green MP was given her jab at Wightman Road Mosque in Hornsey as part of a pop-up vaccination clinic which saw 203 people attend.
Mr Starmer said: “It has been such a difficult year and the vaccination programme is the light at the end of the tunnel.
“The vaccine is safe, effective and I urge everyone in our community to take it when it’s their turn.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms West tweeted: “Thank you @rustlehearn for vaccinating me at Wightman Road Mosque in Haringey today, and to all the team helping.
“Remember Hornsey and Wood Green - when you get the call, take your vaccine. It's free, safe, and effective.”
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
As of March 15, nearly 25 million people in the UK had received the first dose of a Covid vaccine.