MPs Keir Starmer and Catherine West receive Covid vaccine
- Credit: Catherine West/Keir Starmer
Local MPs Catherine West and Keir Starmer received their Covid jabs over the weekend (March 13/14).
The Labour leader and Holborn and St Pancras MP received his vaccine at the Francis Crick institute in King’s Cross.
The Hornsey and Wood Green MP was given her jab at Wightman Road Mosque in Hornsey as part of a pop-up vaccination clinic which saw 203 people attend.
Mr Starmer said: “It has been such a difficult year and the vaccination programme is the light at the end of the tunnel.
“The vaccine is safe, effective and I urge everyone in our community to take it when it’s their turn.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms West tweeted: “Thank you @rustlehearn for vaccinating me at Wightman Road Mosque in Haringey today, and to all the team helping.
“Remember Hornsey and Wood Green - when you get the call, take your vaccine. It's free, safe, and effective.”
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 3 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 4 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 8 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book
As of March 15, nearly 25 million people in the UK had received the first dose of a Covid vaccine.