Keeping Up Appearances star Josephine Tewson supports Swiss Cottage charity coffee morning
- Credit: Dieter Perry
A hotel receptionist who organised a coffee morning in memory of a close friend’s husband raised more than £200 for a cancer charity thanks to the patronage of a celebrity guest.
Keeping Up Appearances star Josephine Tewson, who played Elizabeth Warden in the hit sitcom, joined residents at the charity event in Swiss Cottage last Friday to nibble cake and drink large amounts of tea and coffee.
Ian Jackman, receptionist at the Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel in Adamson Road, organised the morning as part of the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning organised by Macmillan Cancer Support.
Thousands of people up and down the country held events at the exact same time to raise money for the charity.
The cause is close to Mr Jackman’s heart, as the husband of his close friend Josephine Kelly died from cancer last year.
You may also want to watch:
He said the Macmillan nurses were exceptional and when he saw an advertisement on television to hold local coffee mornings to support the charity, he quickly signed up.
“I’ve got the bug for it now, so I think we’ll definitely do another one next year,” the 55-year-old said.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 7 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
See page 23 for more on local World’s Biggest Coffee mornings.