Keane targets White Hart Lane in £20million Spurs swoop
FOUR Spurs stars have been targeted by Sunderland manager Roy Keane in a combined £20million deal. Steed Malbranaque, Pascal Chimbonda, Teemu Tainio and Younes Kabul – all now surplus to requirements under Juande Ramos at the Lane – are wanted by Keane to
FOUR Spurs stars have been targeted by Sunderland manager Roy Keane in a combined £20million deal.
Steed Malbranaque, Pascal Chimbonda, Teemu Tainio and Younes Kabul - all now surplus to requirements under Juande Ramos at the Lane - are wanted by Keane to bolster his Stadium of Light outfit.
Keane is a long-term admirer of former Fulham favourite Malbranque while Chimbonda, who joined from Wigan two years ago, has attracted interest from Newcastle.
Tainio and Kaboul, who were together at Auxerre, have been fringe players for the past two years.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Barcelona are poised to challenge Manchester United for Dimitar Berbatov by making a £24million move. United have bid £22m for the Bulgarian but Spurs are holding out for more.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow