Keane targets White Hart Lane in £20million Spurs swoop
FOUR Spurs stars have been targeted by Sunderland manager Roy Keane in a combined £20million deal. Steed Malbranaque, Pascal Chimbonda, Teemu Tainio and Younes Kabul – all now surplus to requirements under Juande Ramos at the Lane – are wanted by Keane to
FOUR Spurs stars have been targeted by Sunderland manager Roy Keane in a combined £20million deal.
Steed Malbranaque, Pascal Chimbonda, Teemu Tainio and Younes Kabul - all now surplus to requirements under Juande Ramos at the Lane - are wanted by Keane to bolster his Stadium of Light outfit.
Keane is a long-term admirer of former Fulham favourite Malbranque while Chimbonda, who joined from Wigan two years ago, has attracted interest from Newcastle.
Tainio and Kaboul, who were together at Auxerre, have been fringe players for the past two years.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Barcelona are poised to challenge Manchester United for Dimitar Berbatov by making a £24million move. United have bid £22m for the Bulgarian but Spurs are holding out for more.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat