Keane brings his Tottenham exiles to White Hart Lane
JUANDE Ramos s new-look Spurs can expect to see a bunch of familiar faces when they tackle Sunderland on Saturday. Black Cats boss Roy Keane wasted no time in strengthening his side following last season s brief flirt with relegation. The Black Cats had r
JUANDE Ramos's new-look Spurs can expect to see a bunch of familiar faces when they tackle Sunderland on Saturday.
Black Cats boss Roy Keane wasted no time in strengthening his side following last season's brief flirt with relegation.
The Black Cats had restructured at the start last season ahead of their return to the big time after being promoted as champions.
For the bulk of the season Keane's men looked safe but an unlikely reversal in the final weeks saw them leave it late to secure Premier League survival.
Sunderland, which attracts massive support in the north-east, finished with a modest 39 points, just three points clear of the drop zone and Keane has invested heavily in the summer.
The former Manchester United and Ireland star has looked to the south-east to strengthen his squad and has wasted no time in snapping up a trio of Tottenham's first team regulars.
- 1 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 4 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 5 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 6 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 7 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 8 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
- 9 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
- 10 Man wanted after serious assault in Sussex 'may live in Camden'
Teemu Tanio quickly agreed to move north to join the ambitious Black Cats as part of an undisclosed three player deal.
Pascal Chimbonda and Frenchman Steed Malbranque joined Tanio to embark on a new career with the north-east's sleeping giants.
Nick Colgan (Ipswich) El-Hadji Diouf (Bolton) and Cork's David Meyler are other new faces that have joined Keane's outfit this season and will be looking to get some points on the board after last week's 1-0 loss to Liverpool.