Katherine Jenkins barricades Muswell Hill home
WELSH mezzo-soprano Katherine Jenkins is used to wowing crowds and dazzling audiences with her rousing singing. So it must have come as a disappointment for the 29-year-old to discover that neighbours are unimpressed by a new, two-metre high fence she has
WELSH mezzo-soprano Katherine Jenkins is used to wowing crowds and dazzling audiences with her rousing singing. So it must have come as a disappointment for the 29-year-old to discover that neighbours are unimpressed by a new, two-metre high fence she has erected around her home.
Muswell Hill resident Lydia Rivlin said: "It's awful. I can understand that she wants privacy because she's an international star but she could have chosen something which is more sympathetic and in character with the street. The council seems to have lost its grip on what is being built in this area and anything goes."
Nigel Scott, Lib Dem councillor for Alexandra said: "Ms Jenkins was granted planning permission through the proper channels and I'm sure the fence will weather with time. I would urge residents to be considerate towards their neighbours because it's up to everyone to get along."
A spokesman for Ms Jenkins said: "Katherine has recently had garden works which has involved the removal of a fence and wall.
You may also want to watch:
"As the works are now finishing, it's simply a case of the fence and wall being erected again. Naturally this has gone through regular approval on planning permission and has been granted.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?