Katherine Jenkins barricades Muswell Hill home
WELSH mezzo-soprano Katherine Jenkins is used to wowing crowds and dazzling audiences with her rousing singing. So it must have come as a disappointment for the 29-year-old to discover that neighbours are unimpressed by a new, two-metre high fence she has
WELSH mezzo-soprano Katherine Jenkins is used to wowing crowds and dazzling audiences with her rousing singing. So it must have come as a disappointment for the 29-year-old to discover that neighbours are unimpressed by a new, two-metre high fence she has erected around her home.
Muswell Hill resident Lydia Rivlin said: "It's awful. I can understand that she wants privacy because she's an international star but she could have chosen something which is more sympathetic and in character with the street. The council seems to have lost its grip on what is being built in this area and anything goes."
Nigel Scott, Lib Dem councillor for Alexandra said: "Ms Jenkins was granted planning permission through the proper channels and I'm sure the fence will weather with time. I would urge residents to be considerate towards their neighbours because it's up to everyone to get along."
A spokesman for Ms Jenkins said: "Katherine has recently had garden works which has involved the removal of a fence and wall.
"As the works are now finishing, it's simply a case of the fence and wall being erected again. Naturally this has gone through regular approval on planning permission and has been granted.
- 1 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 2 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 3 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 4 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 5 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 7 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'
- 8 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 9 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
- 10 Haringey Council makes senior leadership appointments