Cathy Burke: 32-year-old denies killing woman in her Muswell Hill home
- Credit: Archant
A 32-year-old man has pleaded not guilty to killing Cathy Burke in Muswell Hill in 2017.
Kasim Lewis is accused of attacking 55-year-old Cathy at her house in Hill Road.
Ms Burke, a mother of one and retired civil servant, was found dead by police after concerned neighbours raised the alarm.
Lewis, of no fixed abode, appeared at the Old Bailey by video link from jail wearing a grey sweatshirt.
He pleaded not guilty to murdering Ms Burke on a date between November 14 and 17 2017.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Richard Marks QC remanded him into custody ahead of his three-week trial from July 15.
At the conclusion of the hearing, Lewis said: “Cheers. Have a good day.”
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
Additional reporting by Press Association.