Cathy Burke: 32-year-old denies killing woman in her Muswell Hill home
- Credit: Archant
A 32-year-old man has pleaded not guilty to killing Cathy Burke in Muswell Hill in 2017.
Kasim Lewis is accused of attacking 55-year-old Cathy at her house in Hill Road.
Ms Burke, a mother of one and retired civil servant, was found dead by police after concerned neighbours raised the alarm.
Lewis, of no fixed abode, appeared at the Old Bailey by video link from jail wearing a grey sweatshirt.
He pleaded not guilty to murdering Ms Burke on a date between November 14 and 17 2017.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Richard Marks QC remanded him into custody ahead of his three-week trial from July 15.
At the conclusion of the hearing, Lewis said: “Cheers. Have a good day.”
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 7 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
Additional reporting by Press Association.