Hampstead schoolboy's £1,500 NHS 'bake and create' fundraiser
- Credit: Eddie Hanson
Kaleb Hanson is only 9, but he's been inspiring his friends - and schoolchildren across Hampstead and beyond - to fundraise for the NHS as part of a baking campaign.
Kaleb, a pupil at St Eugene De Mazenod Primary, has raised £1,175 for NHS Charities Together with a "bake and create" campaign.
His dad Eddie told this newspaper: "We are extremely proud, just simply watching Kaleb bringing the community together while raising funds for the NHS."
Eddie said Kaleb had arranged and chaired a zoom meeting with his classmates, and encouraged them to help by baking, drawing, or even building with Lego to show love for the NHS.
He said Kaleb had been especially pleased to inspire pupils at Swiss Cottage Primary - who he's never met - to pitch in.
You may also want to watch:
Eddie added: "It was incredible that not only is Kaleb raising money for our NHS heroes, but he is also bringing the community together!"
To add to Kaleb's fundraising total, visit justgiving.com/fundraising/bigbakeandcreate4nhs
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 4 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 7 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 8 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 9 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again