Hampstead schoolboy's £1,500 NHS 'bake and create' fundraiser
- Credit: Eddie Hanson
Kaleb Hanson is only 9, but he's been inspiring his friends - and schoolchildren across Hampstead and beyond - to fundraise for the NHS as part of a baking campaign.
Kaleb, a pupil at St Eugene De Mazenod Primary, has raised £1,175 for NHS Charities Together with a "bake and create" campaign.
His dad Eddie told this newspaper: "We are extremely proud, just simply watching Kaleb bringing the community together while raising funds for the NHS."
Eddie said Kaleb had arranged and chaired a zoom meeting with his classmates, and encouraged them to help by baking, drawing, or even building with Lego to show love for the NHS.
He said Kaleb had been especially pleased to inspire pupils at Swiss Cottage Primary - who he's never met - to pitch in.
You may also want to watch:
Eddie added: "It was incredible that not only is Kaleb raising money for our NHS heroes, but he is also bringing the community together!"
To add to Kaleb's fundraising total, visit justgiving.com/fundraising/bigbakeandcreate4nhs
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill