Justin Bieber drops in for kickabout at Highgate School
- Credit: Highgate School / Mario Noto
World famous popstar Justin Bieber dropped into Highgate School for a kickabout yesterday.
Students could hardly believe it when he made a surprise appearance at the senior football session.
The “down-to-earth” 22-year-old Canadian, who is worth an estimated £165million, practiced his skills with boys from the school.
The pop sensation had performed the night before at the O2 Arena. But that didn’t stop him showing off his penalty kicks with the London pupils.
The football fan had been driving past the lesson and could not help but join in the kickabout, staff said.
Fans at the mixed private school were stunned when he stopped to pose for pictures with them.
Mario Noto, the school’s senior sports coordinator, said: “Justin and his manager came over to speak with us - I recognised him straight away. They had been driving past and seen our lesson going on.
- 2 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 3 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 4 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 5 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 6 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 7 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 8 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 9 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 10 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
“They explained Justin was in town for his shows at the O2, that he enjoys his football, and would love to join in.
“We thought this would be a great experience for the pupils. He was very down to earth and could have been another pupil, just enjoying himself, and spent about half an hour with us. He asked me to go in goal for a few penalties - and turned out to be pretty good!”