Justin Bieber drops in for kickabout at Highgate School
- Credit: Highgate School / Mario Noto
World famous popstar Justin Bieber dropped into Highgate School for a kickabout yesterday.
Students could hardly believe it when he made a surprise appearance at the senior football session.
The “down-to-earth” 22-year-old Canadian, who is worth an estimated £165million, practiced his skills with boys from the school.
The pop sensation had performed the night before at the O2 Arena. But that didn’t stop him showing off his penalty kicks with the London pupils.
The football fan had been driving past the lesson and could not help but join in the kickabout, staff said.
You may also want to watch:
Fans at the mixed private school were stunned when he stopped to pose for pictures with them.
Mario Noto, the school’s senior sports coordinator, said: “Justin and his manager came over to speak with us - I recognised him straight away. They had been driving past and seen our lesson going on.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 7 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
“They explained Justin was in town for his shows at the O2, that he enjoys his football, and would love to join in.
“We thought this would be a great experience for the pupils. He was very down to earth and could have been another pupil, just enjoying himself, and spent about half an hour with us. He asked me to go in goal for a few penalties - and turned out to be pretty good!”