Judi Dench will wow fellow actors with magic set bought at Hampstead festival
An all-star line-up of musicians was left starstruck when actor Dame Judi Dench attended a street party at the weekend.
Dame Judi, who used to live in the area, even bought a magic set and a second-hand transistor radio from the stalls as more than 2,000 people flocked to the Gayton Road street party in Hampstead on Saturday.
Red Szell, festival co-ordinator, said: “It went absolutely brilliantly. It was probably the biggest and best ever.
“Judi Dench came along and bought a magic set from the toy stall, which she said she was going to use during rehearsals in case she got bored. She was lovely – a really pleasant lady.”
Charlie the Clown entertained children who were also treated to fairground rides, ice cream and candyfloss as the road closed for the big day.
You may also want to watch:
Parent band The Newds, which sometimes features Jon Moss from Culture Club and Neal Whitmore from Sigue Sigue Sputnik, played to the crowds. Neighbours finished off the day with an alfresco meal.
- 1 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 9 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 10 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'