Judi Dench will wow fellow actors with magic set bought at Hampstead festival
An all-star line-up of musicians was left starstruck when actor Dame Judi Dench attended a street party at the weekend.
Dame Judi, who used to live in the area, even bought a magic set and a second-hand transistor radio from the stalls as more than 2,000 people flocked to the Gayton Road street party in Hampstead on Saturday.
Red Szell, festival co-ordinator, said: “It went absolutely brilliantly. It was probably the biggest and best ever.
“Judi Dench came along and bought a magic set from the toy stall, which she said she was going to use during rehearsals in case she got bored. She was lovely – a really pleasant lady.”
Charlie the Clown entertained children who were also treated to fairground rides, ice cream and candyfloss as the road closed for the big day.
You may also want to watch:
Parent band The Newds, which sometimes features Jon Moss from Culture Club and Neal Whitmore from Sigue Sigue Sputnik, played to the crowds. Neighbours finished off the day with an alfresco meal.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52