Judi Dench will wow fellow actors with magic set bought at Hampstead festival
An all-star line-up of musicians was left starstruck when actor Dame Judi Dench attended a street party at the weekend.
Dame Judi, who used to live in the area, even bought a magic set and a second-hand transistor radio from the stalls as more than 2,000 people flocked to the Gayton Road street party in Hampstead on Saturday.
Red Szell, festival co-ordinator, said: “It went absolutely brilliantly. It was probably the biggest and best ever.
“Judi Dench came along and bought a magic set from the toy stall, which she said she was going to use during rehearsals in case she got bored. She was lovely – a really pleasant lady.”
Charlie the Clown entertained children who were also treated to fairground rides, ice cream and candyfloss as the road closed for the big day.
Parent band The Newds, which sometimes features Jon Moss from Culture Club and Neal Whitmore from Sigue Sigue Sputnik, played to the crowds. Neighbours finished off the day with an alfresco meal.
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 4 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 5 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 6 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 7 Tottenham boss Antonio Conte looking to revamp squad in transfer windows
- 8 Movement off the ball key to Arsenal's win against Newcastle
- 9 PLU: St John's Wood restaurant finds the right formula
- 10 Not just for Christmas: Rescue dogs looking for forever homes