Judi Dench backs Swiss Cottage drama school Covid-19 fundraiser
- Credit: PA
The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama has raised more than £33,000 to support students impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
The Swiss Cottage drama school held an online gala featuring students, graduates and alumni including Riz Ahmed, Judi Dench, Sonia Friedman, Michael Grandage, Jason Isaacs and Catherine Tate.
The event was broadcast on Sunday (May 16) and can be viewed online until June 16.
Dame Judi Dench DBE said: "Central School has been a huge part of my life.
“My brother Jeffery was there, and I kind of caught the bug of Central from him; then [my daughter] Finty went there, too. So it’s played a really important part, and we love it dearly.”
Actor Riz Ahmed said: "More than ever, we need stories. Stories to remind us that there is no us and them, there’s just us.
“And these students you’re about to see are the storytellers of tomorrow.”
To watch the online gala and to donate to the Keep Creating fundraiser visit https://www.cssd.ac.uk/gala
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 9 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 10 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze