Judi Dench backs Swiss Cottage drama school Covid-19 fundraiser
- Credit: PA
The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama has raised more than £33,000 to support students impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
The Swiss Cottage drama school held an online gala featuring students, graduates and alumni including Riz Ahmed, Judi Dench, Sonia Friedman, Michael Grandage, Jason Isaacs and Catherine Tate.
The event was broadcast on Sunday (May 16) and can be viewed online until June 16.
Dame Judi Dench DBE said: "Central School has been a huge part of my life.
“My brother Jeffery was there, and I kind of caught the bug of Central from him; then [my daughter] Finty went there, too. So it’s played a really important part, and we love it dearly.”
Actor Riz Ahmed said: "More than ever, we need stories. Stories to remind us that there is no us and them, there’s just us.
“And these students you’re about to see are the storytellers of tomorrow.”
To watch the online gala and to donate to the Keep Creating fundraiser visit https://www.cssd.ac.uk/gala
- 1 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 2 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 3 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 4 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 5 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 6 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
- 7 My view: Hampstead could change a lot in the coming years, for the better
- 8 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 9 Farrell hailed as Saracens storm to 60-0 play-off win at Ealing
- 10 Shakespeare comedy and children's shows at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre