Jubilee Line closures slammed by worried traders
TRADERS have slammed the ongoing weekend closure of the Jubilee line, saying it is putting them out of business. The upgrade of the line, which also affects Swiss Cottage, has seen frequent closures of huge swathes of the line on most weeke
WEST Hampstead traders have slammed the ongoing weekend closure of the Jubilee line, saying it is putting them out of business.
The upgrade of the line, which also affects Swiss Cottage, has seen frequent closures of huge swathes of the line on most weekends.
Traders and restaurant owners in West Hampstead say they cannot cope with any more pressure given the current economic climate.
Siba Kannan, from Elephant Walk restaurant, said: "It has been going on for months and it is definitely affecting West End Lane and the businesses here. This is a destination place at the weekend and the closures are making it very difficult for us. Businesses have been suffering, especially restaurants and bars because we are not getting as many customers - it is killing off trade.
"It has been going on since for months and it is not on. Given the current economic climate this is not helping us at all - it is making it worse.
"We are all dying a silent death here and it is very concerning. There are hundreds of people who are being affected."
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 3 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 4 Motorists handed fines for visiting Covid-19 car park test centre
- 5 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised
- 6 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 9 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 10 Hampstead Heath past and present at new exhibition of London
More on this in Thursday's Ham&High