JUANDE'S WORLD: Spurs manager Ramos reflects on Boro defeat
ON THE PERFORMANCE AGAINST MIDDLESBROUGH: I think it was a very even game, a close run thing and it was the sort of game that which ever side scored the first goal it was going to be decisive. Middlesbrough were fortunate enough to get that first goal
ON THE PERFORMANCE AGAINST MIDDLESBROUGH: "I think it was a very even game, a close run thing and it was the sort of game that which ever side scored the first goal it was going to be decisive.
"Middlesbrough were fortunate enough to get that first goal and it made things difficult for us once they went ahead.
"It was one of those early season typical kind of games where both sides, in particular ourselves, were trying to find a rhythm and players were trying to get into their games.
"We had one or two half-chances where we might have been able to go ahead in the game but like I have said it was not the case and I think we tried hard for a victory but it just did not happen.
"Our form wasn't absolutely ideal but I think in general we are going in the right direction."
ON WHY BERBATOV STARTED ON THE SUBSTITUTES' BENCH: "I decided to put him on the bench because we opted for Giovani dos Santos, as I thought that his speed would trouble Middlesbrough.
- 1 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 4 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 5 Two more charged in connection with Olsi Kuka killing in Barnet
- 6 Royal beacon in Golders Hill shines light for Queen
- 7 Gold and silver for a Platinum Jubilee party
- 8 Belsize Park phone box transformed into art gallery by prep school pupils
- 9 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 10 Home of the week: Hampstead flat with garden for £1.25m
"However, as Boro got tired we decided to throw him on."
ON THE FUTURE OF BERBATOV: "For the moment he is a Spurs player. We are happy with him as part of the squad.
"Do I want him to stay? Of course, I love great players. There's nothing to say.