JUANDE'S WORLD: Spurs manager Ramos reflects on Boro defeat
ON THE PERFORMANCE AGAINST MIDDLESBROUGH: I think it was a very even game, a close run thing and it was the sort of game that which ever side scored the first goal it was going to be decisive. Middlesbrough were fortunate enough to get that first goal
ON THE PERFORMANCE AGAINST MIDDLESBROUGH: "I think it was a very even game, a close run thing and it was the sort of game that which ever side scored the first goal it was going to be decisive.
"Middlesbrough were fortunate enough to get that first goal and it made things difficult for us once they went ahead.
"It was one of those early season typical kind of games where both sides, in particular ourselves, were trying to find a rhythm and players were trying to get into their games.
"We had one or two half-chances where we might have been able to go ahead in the game but like I have said it was not the case and I think we tried hard for a victory but it just did not happen.
You may also want to watch:
"Our form wasn't absolutely ideal but I think in general we are going in the right direction."
ON WHY BERBATOV STARTED ON THE SUBSTITUTES' BENCH: "I decided to put him on the bench because we opted for Giovani dos Santos, as I thought that his speed would trouble Middlesbrough.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar
"However, as Boro got tired we decided to throw him on."
ON THE FUTURE OF BERBATOV: "For the moment he is a Spurs player. We are happy with him as part of the squad.
"Do I want him to stay? Of course, I love great players. There's nothing to say.