JUANDE'S WORLD: Spurs leader calls for calm after Villa defeat
ON THE PERFORMANCE AGAINST ASTON VILLA: I m always angry at the end of games like this with the players and myself as well. It s only just begun and there s still room for us there. I m not going to carry out an assessment after one game. Hopefully, wi
ON THE PERFORMANCE AGAINST ASTON VILLA: "I'm always angry at the end of games like this with the players and myself as well. It's only just begun and there's still room for us there. I'm not going to carry out an assessment after one game.
"Hopefully, with calmness and experience we'll get a positive result."
ON conceding an early goal: "That first goal changed everything. It laid the game out for them. The team went out there convinced they were going to win but such an early goal made it difficult for us.
We tried to come back at them, but we had to take risks and that gave them more opportunities."
You may also want to watch:
ON the poor start to the season: "We had very little time to prepare - Corluka, Pavlyuchenko and Frazier Campbell are new to the club and haven't really had time.
"We are behind in our preparations. We need to keep the spirit going and climb as high up the table as possible.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 5 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 9 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 10 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
"We've made an irregular start to the season, having lost three games, which makes it an uphill struggle for us."
ON the new players In the squad: We are happy with the quality of the personnel that has been added over the summer period and I am confident these players have the potential to better what we achieved last season.