JUANDE'S WORLD: One good spell, but it wasn't enough
ON THE PERFORMANCE AGAINST SUNDERLAND: We knew it would be difficult. We tried to play the best football we could to get the victory but unfortunately it was Sunderland who scored the second goal. At 1-1, I thought we would win. We had a good spell
ON THE PERFORMANCE AGAINST SUNDERLAND: "We knew it would be difficult. We tried to play the best football we could to get the victory but unfortunately it was Sunderland who scored the second goal.
"At 1-1, I thought we would win. We had a good spell and created some clear goalscoring chances but it wasn't to be on this occasion."
ON BLAMING DIMITAR BERBATOV'S OMISSION FOR THE DEFEAT: "It's not about individuals. The blame is with the team and we accept that blame together. Berbatov was not in the squad because he wasn't in the right condition to play."
ON the uncertainty over BERBATOV'S FUTURE AT THE LANE: "We need to get this matter resolved before the transfer deadline,
You may also want to watch:
"If Berbatov goes, we will need time to sign a replacement. We want to have the best centre forward we can possibly get."
ON REPERCUSSIONS OF HAVING ONLY ONE STRIKER AVAILABLE: "Of course there are repercussions on the players. We were only able to play with one forward and we didn't have any substitutes for that one forward,. Players go through physical fitness issues that are good or bad, and this is a psychological issue. We've just got to deal with it.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 Letters: The floods!