JUANDE'S WORLD: One good spell, but it wasn't enough
ON THE PERFORMANCE AGAINST SUNDERLAND: We knew it would be difficult. We tried to play the best football we could to get the victory but unfortunately it was Sunderland who scored the second goal. At 1-1, I thought we would win. We had a good spell
ON THE PERFORMANCE AGAINST SUNDERLAND: "We knew it would be difficult. We tried to play the best football we could to get the victory but unfortunately it was Sunderland who scored the second goal.
"At 1-1, I thought we would win. We had a good spell and created some clear goalscoring chances but it wasn't to be on this occasion."
ON BLAMING DIMITAR BERBATOV'S OMISSION FOR THE DEFEAT: "It's not about individuals. The blame is with the team and we accept that blame together. Berbatov was not in the squad because he wasn't in the right condition to play."
ON the uncertainty over BERBATOV'S FUTURE AT THE LANE: "We need to get this matter resolved before the transfer deadline,
You may also want to watch:
"If Berbatov goes, we will need time to sign a replacement. We want to have the best centre forward we can possibly get."
ON REPERCUSSIONS OF HAVING ONLY ONE STRIKER AVAILABLE: "Of course there are repercussions on the players. We were only able to play with one forward and we didn't have any substitutes for that one forward,. Players go through physical fitness issues that are good or bad, and this is a psychological issue. We've just got to deal with it.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 4 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 9 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 10 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green