Juande Ramos faces up to the 'terrible situation' at Spurs
SPURS manager Juande Ramos is under increasing pressure today after the Lilywhites were beaten 2-1 at Stoke City to confirm the club s worst start to a league season. Tottenham have taken just two points from eight games and sit bottom of the Premier Lea
SPURS manager Juande Ramos is under increasing pressure today after the Lilywhites were beaten 2-1 at Stoke City to confirm the club's worst start to a league season.
Tottenham have taken just two points from eight games and sit bottom of the Premier League, five points adrift of safety.
Defenders Gareth Bale and Michael Dawson now face bans after their red cards at the Britannia Stadium where Vedran Corluka was knocked unconscious after twice colliding with his own goalkeeper.
"I am worried about the situation," said Ramos after his side's sixth league defeat. "At the moment it is terrible."
You may also want to watch:
Bale is set to miss one match after being dismissed for a professional foul, while Dawson is likely to be suspended for three games following his late sending off for a studs-up tackle on Mamady Sidibe.
Spurs travel to Italy this week to face Udinese, second in Serie A, in a Uefa Cup group game on Thursday evening. On Sunday, Ramos's team entertain Bolton at the Lane before visiting bitter rivals Arsenal on October 29. Four days later Tottenham take on Liverpool, who they have not beaten in nine games, at the Lane.
- 1 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 2 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 3 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park