Jonathan Ross throws Game of Thrones inspired birthday bash for his wife
- Credit: Archant
The hit TV show Game of Thrones has thousands of addicted fans but Hampstead Garden Suburb’s own Jonathan Ross took the obsession one step further yesterday.
To celebrate wife Jane Goldman’s 43rd birthday tomorrow, chat show legend “Wossy” threw a decadent Game of Thrones themed party with a strict fancy dress code.
Celebrity pals attended in their droves at the TV star’s home.
Comedian Jimmy Carr dressed in full body armour - perhaps as the cutthroat Jamie Lanister - while Jonathan Ross outdid everyone as Lady Olenna, the elderly matriarch of House Tyrell in the show.
TV presenter David Baddiel joined in the fun despite the fact he has never watched an episode of the acclaimed drama, which finishes its third season on Sky Atlantic tonight.
You may also want to watch:
His outfit consisted of a single body armour plate with a post-it note attached, reading: “Never watched it”.
Sarcastic TV host and Guardian columnist Charlie Brooker was the odd one out at the gathering, turning up without a costume.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 9 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
- 10 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
Mr Ross’ daughter and her girlfriend were also at the party, dressing up as Varys, the eunuch, and a dire wolf, an extinct larger version of the grey wolf that are the Stark family’s pets in the show.
Mr Ross also posted pictures of decorated cupcakes on Twitter with the caption: “You eat or you die”, mimicking with the drama’s slogan: “You win or you die”.