Jonathan Ross throws Game of Thrones inspired birthday bash for his wife
- Credit: Archant
The hit TV show Game of Thrones has thousands of addicted fans but Hampstead Garden Suburb’s own Jonathan Ross took the obsession one step further yesterday.
To celebrate wife Jane Goldman’s 43rd birthday tomorrow, chat show legend “Wossy” threw a decadent Game of Thrones themed party with a strict fancy dress code.
Celebrity pals attended in their droves at the TV star’s home.
Comedian Jimmy Carr dressed in full body armour - perhaps as the cutthroat Jamie Lanister - while Jonathan Ross outdid everyone as Lady Olenna, the elderly matriarch of House Tyrell in the show.
TV presenter David Baddiel joined in the fun despite the fact he has never watched an episode of the acclaimed drama, which finishes its third season on Sky Atlantic tonight.
His outfit consisted of a single body armour plate with a post-it note attached, reading: “Never watched it”.
Sarcastic TV host and Guardian columnist Charlie Brooker was the odd one out at the gathering, turning up without a costume.
- 1 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 2 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 3 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 4 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 5 In pictures: Wacky racers descend on Alexandra Palace for soapbox challenge
- 6 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 7 Camden watchmaker launches crowdfunding campaign
- 8 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 9 Start-up delivers home cooked meals to your door
- 10 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
Mr Ross’ daughter and her girlfriend were also at the party, dressing up as Varys, the eunuch, and a dire wolf, an extinct larger version of the grey wolf that are the Stark family’s pets in the show.
Mr Ross also posted pictures of decorated cupcakes on Twitter with the caption: “You eat or you die”, mimicking with the drama’s slogan: “You win or you die”.