Jonathan Ross shows off nail varnish at Hampstead Garden Suburb flower show
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Keen gardeners flocked to the annual flower show in Hampstead Garden Suburb.
Around 180 residents attended Hampstead Garden Suburb Horticultural Society’s 277th Flower Show at the Free Church Hall, in Central Square, on Saturday.
TV star and Suburb resident Jonathan Ross, the society’s joint honorary president, took up his annual duties as judge of the children’s fancy dress and adults’ mad hats competitions.
Mr Ross’s fingernails on the day caught the attention of residents, as he showed of black nail varnish painted ahead of a fancy dress party the following day.
Society chairman Chris Page walked away with the title for Best Cut Flowers, while Ken Murrell won Best Vegetable.
You may also want to watch:
Guests also enjoyed teas and cakes and a stand selling preserves and chutney with all the proceeds going to the North London Hospice.
Mr Page said: “It had a lovely community feel which hopefully contributes to social cohesion as well as encouraging horticultural excellence.”
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
See our gallery of pictures from the flower show above.