Jonathan Ross shows off nail varnish at Hampstead Garden Suburb flower show
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Keen gardeners flocked to the annual flower show in Hampstead Garden Suburb.
Around 180 residents attended Hampstead Garden Suburb Horticultural Society’s 277th Flower Show at the Free Church Hall, in Central Square, on Saturday.
TV star and Suburb resident Jonathan Ross, the society’s joint honorary president, took up his annual duties as judge of the children’s fancy dress and adults’ mad hats competitions.
Mr Ross’s fingernails on the day caught the attention of residents, as he showed of black nail varnish painted ahead of a fancy dress party the following day.
Society chairman Chris Page walked away with the title for Best Cut Flowers, while Ken Murrell won Best Vegetable.
You may also want to watch:
Guests also enjoyed teas and cakes and a stand selling preserves and chutney with all the proceeds going to the North London Hospice.
Mr Page said: “It had a lovely community feel which hopefully contributes to social cohesion as well as encouraging horticultural excellence.”
- 1 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
See our gallery of pictures from the flower show above.