Jonathan Ross shows off nail varnish at Hampstead Garden Suburb flower show
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Keen gardeners flocked to the annual flower show in Hampstead Garden Suburb.
Around 180 residents attended Hampstead Garden Suburb Horticultural Society’s 277th Flower Show at the Free Church Hall, in Central Square, on Saturday.
TV star and Suburb resident Jonathan Ross, the society’s joint honorary president, took up his annual duties as judge of the children’s fancy dress and adults’ mad hats competitions.
Mr Ross’s fingernails on the day caught the attention of residents, as he showed of black nail varnish painted ahead of a fancy dress party the following day.
Society chairman Chris Page walked away with the title for Best Cut Flowers, while Ken Murrell won Best Vegetable.
Guests also enjoyed teas and cakes and a stand selling preserves and chutney with all the proceeds going to the North London Hospice.
Mr Page said: “It had a lovely community feel which hopefully contributes to social cohesion as well as encouraging horticultural excellence.”
- 1 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 2 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 3 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 4 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 5 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 6 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 7 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 8 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 9 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 10 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
See our gallery of pictures from the flower show above.