Jonathan Ross shows off nail varnish at Hampstead Garden Suburb flower show
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Keen gardeners flocked to the annual flower show in Hampstead Garden Suburb.
Around 180 residents attended Hampstead Garden Suburb Horticultural Society’s 277th Flower Show at the Free Church Hall, in Central Square, on Saturday.
TV star and Suburb resident Jonathan Ross, the society’s joint honorary president, took up his annual duties as judge of the children’s fancy dress and adults’ mad hats competitions.
Mr Ross’s fingernails on the day caught the attention of residents, as he showed of black nail varnish painted ahead of a fancy dress party the following day.
Society chairman Chris Page walked away with the title for Best Cut Flowers, while Ken Murrell won Best Vegetable.
You may also want to watch:
Guests also enjoyed teas and cakes and a stand selling preserves and chutney with all the proceeds going to the North London Hospice.
Mr Page said: “It had a lovely community feel which hopefully contributes to social cohesion as well as encouraging horticultural excellence.”
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 9 'The good times are back': Brendan the Navigator pub opens in Highgate
- 10 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
See our gallery of pictures from the flower show above.