Jonathan Ross shows off nail varnish at Hampstead Garden Suburb flower show
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Keen gardeners flocked to the annual flower show in Hampstead Garden Suburb.
Around 180 residents attended Hampstead Garden Suburb Horticultural Society’s 277th Flower Show at the Free Church Hall, in Central Square, on Saturday.
TV star and Suburb resident Jonathan Ross, the society’s joint honorary president, took up his annual duties as judge of the children’s fancy dress and adults’ mad hats competitions.
Mr Ross’s fingernails on the day caught the attention of residents, as he showed of black nail varnish painted ahead of a fancy dress party the following day.
Society chairman Chris Page walked away with the title for Best Cut Flowers, while Ken Murrell won Best Vegetable.
You may also want to watch:
Guests also enjoyed teas and cakes and a stand selling preserves and chutney with all the proceeds going to the North London Hospice.
Mr Page said: “It had a lovely community feel which hopefully contributes to social cohesion as well as encouraging horticultural excellence.”
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 5 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 6 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
See our gallery of pictures from the flower show above.