Jonathan Ross and Robert Pires to turn on Hampstead Christmas lights
CELEBRITY and sport will come together to bring Christmas cheer to Hampstead next month.
Hampstead Garden Suburb resident Mr Ross will join the former Arsenal player to switch on the lights in the High Street next month.
The switching on ceremony will take place alongside a host of other events which will show the best of what the Hampstead community and traders have to offer.
Father Christmas will also drop in offering sleigh rides and restaurants and traders will have stalls lining the road – closed off to traffic.
Mr Ross will be joined in the ceremony by former Arsenal player Robert Pires.
A stage will also be set up with musical acts from across the area performing and 101 Dalmatians will be screened for free at the Everyman cinema.
The lights will be switched on at 4.15pm on the 20ft tree.
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 3 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 4 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 5 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
- 6 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 7 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 8 St John's Wood nursery 'requires improvement' after surprise Ofsted visit
- 9 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 10 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
Last year the event was a huge success and a celebrity magnet with local residents Liam Gallagher, Russell Brand and David Baddiel all stopping by.
The event is sponsored by local businesses and all proceeds will go to the Anthony Nolan Trust.