Jonathan Ross and Robert Pires to turn on Hampstead Christmas lights
CELEBRITY and sport will come together to bring Christmas cheer to Hampstead next month.
Hampstead Garden Suburb resident Mr Ross will join the former Arsenal player to switch on the lights in the High Street next month.
The switching on ceremony will take place alongside a host of other events which will show the best of what the Hampstead community and traders have to offer.
Father Christmas will also drop in offering sleigh rides and restaurants and traders will have stalls lining the road – closed off to traffic.
Mr Ross will be joined in the ceremony by former Arsenal player Robert Pires.
You may also want to watch:
A stage will also be set up with musical acts from across the area performing and 101 Dalmatians will be screened for free at the Everyman cinema.
The lights will be switched on at 4.15pm on the 20ft tree.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
Last year the event was a huge success and a celebrity magnet with local residents Liam Gallagher, Russell Brand and David Baddiel all stopping by.
The event is sponsored by local businesses and all proceeds will go to the Anthony Nolan Trust.