Jol would have won the Carling Cup too, says angry Kaboul
Younes Kaboul this week slammed manager Juande Ramos after falling out of favour at the club. The Frenchman, who was signed from Auxerre last summer by former boss Martin Jol, last featured in the first team on March 1. What has saved us this season is
Younes Kaboul this week slammed manager Juande Ramos after falling out of favour at the club.
The Frenchman, who was signed from Auxerre last summer by former boss Martin Jol, last featured in the first team on March 1.
"What has saved us this season is the Carling Cup," said Kaboul. "People say we won it because Ramos arrived. But that has nothing to do with him. We would have won it with Martin Jol."
Kaboul added that Jol displayed more character than Ramos, who took charge in October after Spurs had won just one of their opening 11 Premiership fixtures.
You may also want to watch:
"Martin was a character, for us, he was a father-figure, whereas Ramos, it is just tactics and nothing else," he said.
"In training, we do a lot of 11 versus 0 and stuff on the blackboard to work on our progress with the ball."
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 7 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 8 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 9 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
Kaboul also claimed that Ramos does not communicate with the players and that the Spanish coach has not given him a chance. "I played the entire first half of the season but since the change of manager, I have not played," said Kaboul. "I have had no explanation from him.