Jol would have won the Carling Cup too, says angry Kaboul
Younes Kaboul this week slammed manager Juande Ramos after falling out of favour at the club. The Frenchman, who was signed from Auxerre last summer by former boss Martin Jol, last featured in the first team on March 1. What has saved us this season is
Younes Kaboul this week slammed manager Juande Ramos after falling out of favour at the club.
The Frenchman, who was signed from Auxerre last summer by former boss Martin Jol, last featured in the first team on March 1.
"What has saved us this season is the Carling Cup," said Kaboul. "People say we won it because Ramos arrived. But that has nothing to do with him. We would have won it with Martin Jol."
Kaboul added that Jol displayed more character than Ramos, who took charge in October after Spurs had won just one of their opening 11 Premiership fixtures.
You may also want to watch:
"Martin was a character, for us, he was a father-figure, whereas Ramos, it is just tactics and nothing else," he said.
"In training, we do a lot of 11 versus 0 and stuff on the blackboard to work on our progress with the ball."
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 3 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 4 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
Kaboul also claimed that Ramos does not communicate with the players and that the Spanish coach has not given him a chance. "I played the entire first half of the season but since the change of manager, I have not played," said Kaboul. "I have had no explanation from him.