Jol would have won the Carling Cup too, says angry Kaboul
Younes Kaboul this week slammed manager Juande Ramos after falling out of favour at the club. The Frenchman, who was signed from Auxerre last summer by former boss Martin Jol, last featured in the first team on March 1. What has saved us this season is
Younes Kaboul this week slammed manager Juande Ramos after falling out of favour at the club.
The Frenchman, who was signed from Auxerre last summer by former boss Martin Jol, last featured in the first team on March 1.
"What has saved us this season is the Carling Cup," said Kaboul. "People say we won it because Ramos arrived. But that has nothing to do with him. We would have won it with Martin Jol."
Kaboul added that Jol displayed more character than Ramos, who took charge in October after Spurs had won just one of their opening 11 Premiership fixtures.
"Martin was a character, for us, he was a father-figure, whereas Ramos, it is just tactics and nothing else," he said.
"In training, we do a lot of 11 versus 0 and stuff on the blackboard to work on our progress with the ball."
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 3 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 4 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 5 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 6 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 7 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 8 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 9 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 10 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
Kaboul also claimed that Ramos does not communicate with the players and that the Spanish coach has not given him a chance. "I played the entire first half of the season but since the change of manager, I have not played," said Kaboul. "I have had no explanation from him.