Jol would have won the Carling Cup too, says angry Kaboul
Younes Kaboul this week slammed manager Juande Ramos after falling out of favour at the club. The Frenchman, who was signed from Auxerre last summer by former boss Martin Jol, last featured in the first team on March 1. What has saved us this season is
Younes Kaboul this week slammed manager Juande Ramos after falling out of favour at the club.
The Frenchman, who was signed from Auxerre last summer by former boss Martin Jol, last featured in the first team on March 1.
"What has saved us this season is the Carling Cup," said Kaboul. "People say we won it because Ramos arrived. But that has nothing to do with him. We would have won it with Martin Jol."
Kaboul added that Jol displayed more character than Ramos, who took charge in October after Spurs had won just one of their opening 11 Premiership fixtures.
You may also want to watch:
"Martin was a character, for us, he was a father-figure, whereas Ramos, it is just tactics and nothing else," he said.
"In training, we do a lot of 11 versus 0 and stuff on the blackboard to work on our progress with the ball."
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 5 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
Kaboul also claimed that Ramos does not communicate with the players and that the Spanish coach has not given him a chance. "I played the entire first half of the season but since the change of manager, I have not played," said Kaboul. "I have had no explanation from him.