Joining our campaign group could be good for your health
AS chairman of the Save St Ann s Hospital Campaign Group I would appeal through your newspaper for people to join our group (SSAHCG). At present, most of the members are local elderly residents. Obviously, as evidenced by our constitution, the name of our
AS chairman of the Save St Ann's Hospital Campaign Group I would appeal through your newspaper for people to join our group (SSAHCG). At present, most of the members are local elderly residents.
Obviously, as evidenced by our constitution, the name of our group, and our actions, we are very determined (but not obsessed) for St Ann's Hospital to continue to function and even to be upgraded. However, we are not a single issue campaign group. Our members are also involved in a wide range of activities to improve health services in all their forms throughout the borough.
For example, SSAHCG played a key role in 'persuading' the unelected and unaccountable PCT board to revise its plan to close GP practices and move them en masse into polyclinics.
Members of SSAHCG have been ever present at the heroic ongoing weekly protest outside St Ann's Hospital (every Tuesday from 9am) to ensure the PCT board keeps its word on GPs and chemists. We also organise meetings, petitions and lobbying, carry out research and even pulls the odd stunt now and again.
You may also want to watch:
Sometimes it's more like a keep-fit group than a residents' group, but as health is a common theme it does seem to work.
Together we can make a difference. Call 020-8352 1020 or email email@example.com.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 4 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 5 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 6 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 7 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 8 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
St Ann's Road, N15