Joining our campaign group could be good for your health
AS chairman of the Save St Ann s Hospital Campaign Group I would appeal through your newspaper for people to join our group (SSAHCG). At present, most of the members are local elderly residents. Obviously, as evidenced by our constitution, the name of our
AS chairman of the Save St Ann's Hospital Campaign Group I would appeal through your newspaper for people to join our group (SSAHCG). At present, most of the members are local elderly residents.
Obviously, as evidenced by our constitution, the name of our group, and our actions, we are very determined (but not obsessed) for St Ann's Hospital to continue to function and even to be upgraded. However, we are not a single issue campaign group. Our members are also involved in a wide range of activities to improve health services in all their forms throughout the borough.
For example, SSAHCG played a key role in 'persuading' the unelected and unaccountable PCT board to revise its plan to close GP practices and move them en masse into polyclinics.
Members of SSAHCG have been ever present at the heroic ongoing weekly protest outside St Ann's Hospital (every Tuesday from 9am) to ensure the PCT board keeps its word on GPs and chemists. We also organise meetings, petitions and lobbying, carry out research and even pulls the odd stunt now and again.
You may also want to watch:
Sometimes it's more like a keep-fit group than a residents' group, but as health is a common theme it does seem to work.
Together we can make a difference. Call 020-8352 1020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
St Ann's Road, N15