Downton Abbey star Jim Carter supports Sherriff Centre’s anniversary auction
- Credit: Archant
West Hampstead’s Sherriff Centre has roped in TV royalty to present a charity auction in aid of its fifth anniversary next month.
Downton Abbey star Jim Carter, who played butler Mr Carson in the long-running ITV drama and lives in West Hampstead with fellow actor Imelda Staunton, will be presenting a November 7 auction to raise money to boost the charity's debt advisory service.
It will be held at the centre itself, inside St James' Church in Sherriff Road.
Jim said: "I am delighted to be able to support this local initiative.
"I'm really looking forward to hosting a wonderful night and encourage everyone to get to The Sherriff Centre for this worthwhile cause."
You may also want to watch:
The event, sponsored by local estate agents Paramount Properties - and a number of anonymous donors - will see "an evening of relaxed music and entertainment".
This will include the auction, and complimentary drinks and canapes.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 7 'The good times are back': Brendan the Navigator pub opens in Highgate
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 10 Teenage girls admit string of Hampstead robberies
All money raised on the night will go towards the Sherriff Centre's Debt Advice Service. Doors open at 7, and the event starts at 7.30pm. To buy tickets, visit changeisgood.eventbrite.co.uk