Downton Abbey star Jim Carter supports Sherriff Centre’s anniversary auction
- Credit: Archant
West Hampstead’s Sherriff Centre has roped in TV royalty to present a charity auction in aid of its fifth anniversary next month.
Downton Abbey star Jim Carter, who played butler Mr Carson in the long-running ITV drama and lives in West Hampstead with fellow actor Imelda Staunton, will be presenting a November 7 auction to raise money to boost the charity's debt advisory service.
It will be held at the centre itself, inside St James' Church in Sherriff Road.
Jim said: "I am delighted to be able to support this local initiative.
"I'm really looking forward to hosting a wonderful night and encourage everyone to get to The Sherriff Centre for this worthwhile cause."
You may also want to watch:
The event, sponsored by local estate agents Paramount Properties - and a number of anonymous donors - will see "an evening of relaxed music and entertainment".
This will include the auction, and complimentary drinks and canapes.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
All money raised on the night will go towards the Sherriff Centre's Debt Advice Service. Doors open at 7, and the event starts at 7.30pm. To buy tickets, visit changeisgood.eventbrite.co.uk