Belly dancers, magicians and balloon artists will return to Fortune Green for the two-day Jester Festival being held in West Hampstead this weekend.
The Jester Festival is an annual community event that first started nearly 40 years ago.
Councillor Flick Rea is one of the organisers of the festival. She said: “There are a variety of exciting things to enjoy. The circus skills, where kids learned to juggle, were very popular last year. There will be local kids doing dance performances, and local bands will be playing.
“There will probably be at least several hundred people. They come and go all day.”
Interactive workshops will have the creative juices flowing. Tricycle Theatre Arts will hold a workshop on Saturday and on Sunday there will be a comics masterclass and a belly dancing workshop. Also on the agenda for the weekend are face painting, archery, a storytelling competition, teepee building, and games such as Beat the Goalie. Adults can compete in a silent auction and a raffle to win prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Rea added: “There is something for everyone to enjoy. It will be a jolly good old day out, provided it doesn’t rain.”
The Jester Festival will run from 12 noon to 6pm this Saturday and Sunday.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 9 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
- 10 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named