Jamie Waylett, Harry Potter actor sentenced on drugs charges
A HARRY Potter actor from West Hampstead has avoided a spell in jail after being convicted of growing cannabis plants in his home. Jamie Waylett, 20, who plays school bully Vincent Crabbe in all five of the films, was sentenced to 120 hours of community s
A HARRY Potter actor from West Hampstead has avoided a spell in jail after being convicted of growing cannabis plants in his home.
Jamie Waylett, 20, who plays school bully Vincent Crabbe in all five of the films, was sentenced to 120 hours of community service today (July 21), his birthday, for growing 10 plants in his bedroom at home in Messina Avenue.
His friend John Innis, 20, also appeared at the City of Westminster Magistrates Court and was sentenced to six weeks in a young offenders institute for possessing 11 bags of cannabis and a butterfly knife.
Following the ruling Mr Waylett said: "I extend my sincere apologies to the producers and cast and crew and all at Warner Bros, and most especially to all Harry Potter fans."
You may also want to watch:
For the full story read this week's Ham&High.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted