Jamie Waylett, Harry Potter actor sentenced on drugs charges
A HARRY Potter actor from West Hampstead has avoided a spell in jail after being convicted of growing cannabis plants in his home. Jamie Waylett, 20, who plays school bully Vincent Crabbe in all five of the films, was sentenced to 120 hours of community s
A HARRY Potter actor from West Hampstead has avoided a spell in jail after being convicted of growing cannabis plants in his home.
Jamie Waylett, 20, who plays school bully Vincent Crabbe in all five of the films, was sentenced to 120 hours of community service today (July 21), his birthday, for growing 10 plants in his bedroom at home in Messina Avenue.
His friend John Innis, 20, also appeared at the City of Westminster Magistrates Court and was sentenced to six weeks in a young offenders institute for possessing 11 bags of cannabis and a butterfly knife.
Following the ruling Mr Waylett said: "I extend my sincere apologies to the producers and cast and crew and all at Warner Bros, and most especially to all Harry Potter fans."
You may also want to watch:
For the full story read this week's Ham&High.
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill