Jamie Waylett, Harry Potter actor sentenced on drugs charges
A HARRY Potter actor from West Hampstead has avoided a spell in jail after being convicted of growing cannabis plants in his home. Jamie Waylett, 20, who plays school bully Vincent Crabbe in all five of the films, was sentenced to 120 hours of community s
A HARRY Potter actor from West Hampstead has avoided a spell in jail after being convicted of growing cannabis plants in his home.
Jamie Waylett, 20, who plays school bully Vincent Crabbe in all five of the films, was sentenced to 120 hours of community service today (July 21), his birthday, for growing 10 plants in his bedroom at home in Messina Avenue.
His friend John Innis, 20, also appeared at the City of Westminster Magistrates Court and was sentenced to six weeks in a young offenders institute for possessing 11 bags of cannabis and a butterfly knife.
Following the ruling Mr Waylett said: "I extend my sincere apologies to the producers and cast and crew and all at Warner Bros, and most especially to all Harry Potter fans."
You may also want to watch:
For the full story read this week's Ham&High.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 6 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
- 9 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again