Jamie Waylett, Harry Potter actor sentenced on drugs charges
A HARRY Potter actor from West Hampstead has avoided a spell in jail after being convicted of growing cannabis plants in his home. Jamie Waylett, 20, who plays school bully Vincent Crabbe in all five of the films, was sentenced to 120 hours of community s
A HARRY Potter actor from West Hampstead has avoided a spell in jail after being convicted of growing cannabis plants in his home.
Jamie Waylett, 20, who plays school bully Vincent Crabbe in all five of the films, was sentenced to 120 hours of community service today (July 21), his birthday, for growing 10 plants in his bedroom at home in Messina Avenue.
His friend John Innis, 20, also appeared at the City of Westminster Magistrates Court and was sentenced to six weeks in a young offenders institute for possessing 11 bags of cannabis and a butterfly knife.
Following the ruling Mr Waylett said: "I extend my sincere apologies to the producers and cast and crew and all at Warner Bros, and most especially to all Harry Potter fans."
You may also want to watch:
For the full story read this week's Ham&High.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 6 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 7 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 8 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics